iPhone vs Android platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same as you but in reality I found the whole 'restrictions' thing didn't really stand up. There wasn't anything on Android that I couldn't do on iPhone but lots of things little things that I could do on iPhone but not on Android. For example, when I plug an iPhone into the car via USB it automatically plays my music and I can select songs via the console on the dashboard, but you can do that with Android, to play music you have to use Bluetooth, select the songs before you set off etc and it'll use whatever volume your phone is set at. So if you watched a daft video on Facebook with the sound off/low it'll play your music at the volume, which is far more of a pain in the arse than it sounds :lol: Excel works exactly the same on both too

I've always had Android up to a few years ago so it's not that I wasn't used to it, I just found it really clunky going back. Could be because of the handset though, considering the S7 had only been out about 6 months when I got it it was slow and laggy, froze all the time and the battery life was atrocious. I'm using the wife's old iPhone now which is 4 years old and still faster / more responsive and the battery life pisses all over it.

At the end of the day though, people like what they like - some prefer one, some prefer the other. Makes me laugh when people get so passionate about which brand of overpriced phone is the best :lol:
That’s good feedback. Thank you.

I know it’s only a little thing but I want to be able to transfer my phone picture to the tv (without that crappy adapter) I like to listen to songs/watch videos on YouTube/Netflix. So switching it to the tv would be handy. I don’t have home internet so I have to connect my PlayStation to my phone then piss about getting YouTube up or Netflix up.
Where as on my iPhone it’s there ready.
But I can’t connect my iPhone to the tv without an Apple TV box :lol:

Prefer android personally (used to need to jailbreak an iPhone to torrent, unsure if that's still the case). Just about what you prefer though, can't be arsed with an apple/Google pissing contest.

Just got me a retro Nokia 6600 in blue for putting in my jeans pocket to make it look like i've a fat cock ...seems to working better than a massive android or Apple tbh

If you are a teenager or wannabe love island contestant type I would go with the iPhone .
If you are an adult, go with android.

I've got the P20 Pro. Would recommend

I know it’s only a little thing but I want to be able to transfer my phone picture to the tv (without that crappy adapter) I like to listen to songs/watch videos on YouTube/Netflix. So switching it to the tv would be handy. I don’t have home internet so I have to connect my PlayStation to my phone then piss about getting YouTube up or Netflix up.
Sure there's a way of imitating apple tv through a cheap android box

considering a change for my upgrade from iPhone to android/Samsung. Just wondered if anyone went from iPhone to the other and their experiences?i.e. easy to get used to? Better? Worse?

Looking at one of those Huewai p20 phones or a Samsung (or any other suggestions?) as just fancy a change and when speaking to a mate he reckons the androids are well ahead of the iPhones for platforms,speed,technology etc etc

I moved from I phone to Android and currently run a Samsung Note 4. I like it better than the I phone because I can choose what system it runs on and what app it runs. Not restricted like the I phone that I had. However, this means that you are more

prone to system attacks. I have a couple of phones, one I just use for trialing new operating systems on and mess about with books and music on there like an I pod I suppose also stops me running down the battery of my working mobile phone. Can

be fantastic phone that runs latest operating systems but may brick the phone if you get the process wrong when flashing and emulating. Mind some of the cheaper phones operate not far short of some top phones if not in all areas quite close.

I moved from I phone to Android and currently run a Samsung Note 4. I like it better than the I phone because I can choose what system it runs on and what app it runs. Not restricted like the I phone that I had. However, this means that you are more

prone to system attacks. I have a couple of phones, one I just use for trialing new operating systems on and mess about with books and music on there like an I pod I suppose also stops me running down the battery of my working mobile phone. Can

be fantastic phone that runs latest operating systems but may brick the phone if you get the process wrong when flashing and emulating. Mind some of the cheaper phones operate not far short of some top phones if not in all areas quite close.
seems to have issues with paragraph construction though! ;)

Send you tube to my LG TV via the Samsung mobile, doing it for a while and then only found out did not have to as connected to Virgin on TV and just use You tube on TV only messed about with it last week - Doh!

I don’t understand how I can get online on my iPhone right now whilst my android is telling me the internet connection isn’t working! :evil:

Depends what your trying to? I have a youtube app on my LG TV and can send whatever Im watching on youtube on my phone to the tv. If your trying to watch DRM content (like skygo) that's licensed for mobile use on a TV then i think both platforms try to block it, admittedly ios does a better job of blocking it.

seems to have issues with paragraph construction though! ;)

Perhaps, but as I am dyslexic, I concentrate to try and spell words right and then write it as to how it makes sense to me, so afraid you will just have to get over it....if you do not like it, then don't read it.....but thanks for your constructive critique which I

have filed with others in file 13. :eek::lol:

I don’t understand how I can get online on my iPhone right now whilst my android is telling me the internet connection isn’t working! :evil:

Sometimes setting conflict and have to either use mobile data or switch it off, as the stronger signal can block the other between wifi and mobile data settings have same problem sometimes with iPad and Samsung phone.

Last edited:
Send you tube to my LG TV via the Samsung mobile, doing it for a while and then only found out did not have to as connected to Virgin on TV and just use You tube on TV only messed about with it last week - Doh!
That’s what I’m currently doing. Using YouTube direct through the tv and Netflix but I have to turn my hotspot on my phone and connect it.
I know it doesn’t sound much but if I could just screen jump from my phone to the tv it would be a lot easier

That’s what I’m currently doing. Using YouTube direct through the tv and Netflix but I have to turn my hotspot on my phone and connect it.
I know it doesn’t sound much but if I could just screen jump from my phone to the tv it would be a lot easier

I can link through my wireless signal in the house (using router) and transmit You tube from my mobile to my TV....get a list of linked devices on my mobile and just pick up TV and send to it, it takes seconds! Juts use the WiFi or blue tooth link as well. all options work at home, pretty easy to link really played about for 5 minutes and voila!

I can link through my wireless signal in the house (using router) and transmit You tube from my mobile to my TV....get a list of linked devices on my mobile and just pick up TV and send to it, it takes seconds! Juts use the WiFi or blue tooth link as well. all options work at home, pretty easy to link really played about for 5 minutes and voila!
I don’t have home WiFi (I know I sound like a cave man) but my phone network offers such a huge bundle I just use that for everything.
The PS
The TV
My Laptop
All get ran through my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back