iPhone vs Android platforms

JW1973

Striker
considering a change for my upgrade from iPhone to android/Samsung. Just wondered if anyone went from iPhone to the other and their experiences?i.e. easy to get used to? Better? Worse?

Looking at one of those Huewai p20 phones or a Samsung (or any other suggestions?) as just fancy a change and when speaking to a mate he reckons the androids are well ahead of the iPhones for platforms,speed,technology etc etc

Went from Android to iPhone a few years ago then back to Android with my last phone and regretted it. Just flogged the Samsung S7 and am using the iPhone 6 til my contract runs out which is the phone I had in the first place.

Can guarantee most people will say Android in this thread to be different but I think they're utter shit. The battery was pathetic on the S7 too even from new and the phone was laggy as fuck.

Last edited:
Had iphones for years and thought they were the bees knees, until I gave android a go.

Although I've got to say, I thought the Samsung I had was excellent until I changed to a one plus.

considering a change for my upgrade from iPhone to android/Samsung. Just wondered if anyone went from iPhone to the other and their experiences?i.e. easy to get used to? Better? Worse?

Looking at one of those Huewai p20 phones or a Samsung (or any other suggestions?) as just fancy a change and when speaking to a mate he reckons the androids are well ahead of the iPhones for platforms,speed,technology etc etc
I'm thinking of getting one of these, so I'd be much obliged if you got one and reviewed it on here.

Ta...

OnePlus 6 - The Speed You Need

Had iphones for years and thought they were the bees knees, until I gave android a go.

Although I've got to say, I thought the Samsung I had was excellent until I changed to a one plus.

+1 for OnePlus from me

I'm a bit of a nerd and I've yet to have a OnePlus crash on me despite running resource heavy requests on it. I think people who have issues with Android are seeing hardware problems rather than the OS itself. I can't use Apple as it far to restrictive but I can I see why peoplele like them as they look good even with all the limitations.

I highly recommend OnePlus handsets to anyone looking for a fast phone with heavy use.

+1 for OnePlus from me

I'm a bit of a nerd and I've yet to have a OnePlus crash on me despite running resource heavy requests on it. I think people who have issues with Android are seeing hardware problems rather than the OS itself. I can't use Apple as it far to restrictive but I can I see why peoplele like them as they look good even with all the limitations.

I highly recommend OnePlus handsets to anyone looking for a fast phone with heavy use.

Aye, it's the restrictiveness of apple phones that puts me off, everything is limited.

Never had a blip from my oneplus 5, and despite being over a year old, the battery is still going strong unlike most other phones I've had for the same period. Nor has it slowed in any way shape or form. Always looked to upgrade every 2 years or so in the past, but I reckon i'll keep this one until I've run it into the ground.

Lost count of how many times I've dropped it too, and so far it's indestructible.

had the One Plus 1 excellent phone then bought the One Plus 2 which I still have but about to go for the One Plus 6 just can't make my mind up on which one Midnight Black or Silk White

Aye, it's the restrictiveness of apple phones that puts me off, everything is limited.

Never had a blip from my oneplus 5, and despite being over a year old, the battery is still going strong unlike most other phones I've had for the same period. Nor has it slowed in any way shape or form. Always looked to upgrade every 2 years or so in the past, but I reckon i'll keep this one until I've run it into the ground.

Lost count of how many times I've dropped it too, and so far it's indestructible.

Yeah I've been using them for years now, I give the old handsets to the kids when I upgrade every couple of years and they're still cracking on for them so they definitely last.

Apple Wankers and Android wankers will be all over this man :lol:

The best advice I'll give you is pick the one you like the best. Both have Pro's and Cons. For example the Apple Store is better than the Google store and Apps are more polished due to more stringent guidelines. iPhones tend to have the worst connectivity when using it as a phone, especially when on the move and you switch cells.

Don't read or compare the specs, they tend to be pretty irrelevant.

Both good, both actually similar although the open Vs closed platform thing differentiates them. What killed Apple for me is if you want decent storage on your phone you either pay through the nose or give them all the data in the cloud, and the smug refusal to admit any problems. They brought our Apple maps instead of Google and no one would admit it's shite. Who cares if it won't show you why local information where you actually are? Why not just move to f***ing Toronto?

I always give the same answer to this. Ask yourself which ecosystem your in.

If you have an iPhone, MacBook, iPad, Apple Watch, HomePod ect. changing the iPhone to an android will limit all those other devices. Also think about the people you message the most, do they all have iPhones and you therefore use iMessage. Changing will lose that. There are plenty of other options but it means your forcing people you know to use them too.

If you have a android tablet, android tv ect then an android phone makes the most sense.

Phones are usually the central hub of people’s tech these days, changing between the iOS and Android is usually thought of as which is the better phone, but it’s actually much more than that.

Also remember the next iPhone will be due out in about a month.

Went from Samsung to iPhone then HTC before returning to Samsung. Both the iPhone and HTC were of outstanding quality compared to the plastic feel of the Samsung but hated therestrictions placed on them. I'm using a Samsung note 8 after upgrading from the S7 and can't fault it. I guess it's all a matter of choice, you'll get Apple users saying iPhones are the best and vice versa with Android users, the choice is yours.

I always give the same answer to this. Ask yourself which ecosystem your in.

If you have an iPhone, MacBook, iPad, Apple Watch, HomePod ect. changing the iPhone to an android will limit all those other devices. Also think about the people you message the most, do they all have iPhones and you therefore use iMessage. Changing will lose that. There are plenty of other options but it means your forcing people you know to use them too.

If you have a android tablet, android tv ect then an android phone makes the most sense.

Phones are usually the central hub of people’s tech these days, changing between the iOS and Android is usually thought of as which is the better phone, but it’s actually much more than that.

Also remember the next iPhone will be due out in about a month.

I'll 'ecosystem' you in a minute lad

Back