Insulate Britain

I do my bit, including direct action.
There’s plenty of other threads on what can be done to affect climate change, sitting back pointing fingers isn’t the answer.
What is your bit? I'm always interested in people doing their bit.

Probably best thing to do is not earn much because the correlation between carbon use and income is very high.

Surely any car owner is a legitimate target? (The car is in the wife's name :lol: )
I think that day will come, sooner than people expect. I still own a old car, but hardly drive it, so I’m a hypocrite. Everyone is, but like you, I’ve made progress by giving up meat.
BTW - I totally agree that Joe Soap doesn’t give af.

I think that day will come, sooner than people expect. I still own a old car, but hardly drive it, so I’m a hypocrite. Everyone is, but like you, I’ve made progress by giving up meat.
BTW - I totally agree that Joe Soap doesn’t give af.
The problem we have is that the world has been based on the car for the last 30 or 40 years. It will take quite some time to reengineer society.

You have to say they are effective at drawing attention to their cause. I like the way them and XR go about protesting. If only all protests were done this way. Oh and I couldn't give a shit about the cause I just like they way they are doing things.

I agree and nor is sitting on a road holding people up spewing out more emissions in the air.
That argument is shot. A couple of hundred cars idling in London makes fuck all difference, it’s a drop in the ocean. Plus, there will be fallout with any direct action.
And how does she hop on the train in the situation she’s in.
Should have thought of that before she got in her gas guzzler. If these demos cause people to make those choice then they are already working. Would help if our public transport was fit for purpose.

massive investment in public transport with heavy taxes on motorists would be one thing I’d implement right away. Unpopular amongst the selfish and myopic though.

Last edited:
The problem we have is that the world has been based on the car for the last 30 or 40 years. It will take quite some time to reengineer society.
If climate change exists and that is still debatable, the solution is a technological one. Anything else, is mass hysteria from a bored middle class and a society without carbon, is one that would collapse in on itself, or be swept away by the tide of history.
We have to stop burning fossil fuels and move towards a more efficient and carbon free way of powering our planet. We also need to get all countries thinking the same way and until they do we are p'ing in the wind.
'thinking the same way' - it sounds a bit fascist, doesn't it. Any opposition to the new orthodoxy is apostasy and how long before your side is demanding the criminal justice deals with deniers and heretics.

Last edited:

Back