Inside No.9

Same here. Great TV. Good premise.

Followed it up with the 12 days of christine on iPlayer for the best xmas tv going…
The one very minor criticism is that I could have done without the flashback to the lasses line re her mam at the start of the ending. They don’t normally resort to exposition like that.

I really liked the church episode the other night.

As usual with this show, I don’t try to work anything out as I’m watching it. What’s the point? A moment of temporary smugness where I only impress myself. Once the ending came about, I was very impressed. My only criticism would be that the nature of that type of explanation always does my head in.

The chap earlier in the thread who felt that the discussion about the vision that occurred about halfway through was a bit lazy in terms of exposition, I agree with, but I also think that to include it any earlier would have lessened the character arc of the pair, who went from affable buffoons to people masking a tragedy with forced positivity.

On the whole, the atmosphere was superb throughout, and performed with great skill. Simon Callow’s monologue was masterful.

I really liked the church episode the other night.

As usual with this show, I don’t try to work anything out as I’m watching it. What’s the point? A moment of temporary smugness where I only impress myself. Once the ending came about, I was very impressed. My only criticism would be that the nature of that type of explanation always does my head in.

The chap earlier in the thread who felt that the discussion about the vision that occurred about halfway through was a bit lazy in terms of exposition, I agree with, but I also think that to include it any earlier would have lessened the character arc of the pair, who went from affable buffoons to people masking a tragedy with forced positivity.

On the whole, the atmosphere was superb throughout, and performed with great skill. Simon Callow’s monologue was masterful.

It was also far more effective at building atmosphere and dread than the actual ghost story the next night.

Any idea when the rest of series 8 is landing? The one at Christmas was supposed to be the first of the new series rather than just a stand alone episode but haven't heard anything since.

Back