Indian vape ban

I can't find any evidence that diacetyl or Acetylpropionyl (pentanedione) are carcenogenic; they're not good for your lungs admittedly, although again that depends on the level of exposure.

The bottom line is they don't know specifically what's causing this current "outbreak" of vaping associated lung disease but the media have been keen to jump all over it and extol the dangers of vaping, despite what Public Health England have stated.

Carcinogenic or respiratory failure, I'm just saying there is no need to put anything other than the base ingredients in ;)

Tin hat on i wonder how much sway the rich tobacco firms have in discrediting vaping and convince the likes of their probably good friend Trump/fart ?

Carcinogenic or respiratory failure, I'm just saying there is no need to put anything other than the base ingredients in ;)

Tin hat on i wonder how much sway the rich tobacco firms have in discrediting vaping and convince the likes of their probably good friend Trump/fart ?

I know what you're getting at, but diacetyl is a flavouring.

Ultimately very few if any of the flavourings you likely put in your eliquid have been tested to establish their safety for inhalation, they're almost all food additives designed to be ingested not inhaled. The safest way to vape would be PG/VG and nicotine and nothing else, but that would be shit.

One thing i dont do is vape to lung with sub ohm,
Why ????
Secondly i dont vape mint/menthol etc which are apparently under scrutiny,

In fact i only vape coffee flavour :D
I know what you're getting at, but diacetyl is a flavouring.

Ultimately very few if any of the flavourings you likely put in your eliquid have been tested to establish their safety for inhalation, they're almost all food additives designed to be ingested not inhaled. The safest way to vape would be PG/VG and nicotine and nothing else, but that would be shit.

Ah but is diacetyl not an additive in the flavouring ?

Last edited:
One thing i dont do is vape to lung with sub ohm,
Why ????
Secondly i dont vape mint/menthol etc which are apparently under scrutiny,

In fact i only vape coffee flavour :D

Ah but is diacetyl not an additive in the flavouring ?

No, it's a chemical that gives a flavour. All flavours are ultimately chemicals, your coffee flavour for example won't be actual coffee, it'll be a chemical mix which has the flavour profile of coffee, although it's possible that some natural flavours will be used in various flavour concentrates they are ultimately a chemical mix, much like diacetyl has the flavour profile of cream / butter.

As for coffee flavours, there's a study that suggests they're amongst the most cytotoxic. It's a minefield.

Last edited:
No, it's a chemical that gives a flavour. All flavours are ultimately chemicals, your coffee flavour for example won't be actual coffee, it'll be a chemical mix which has the flavour profile of coffee, although it's possible that some natural flavours will be used in various flavour concentrates they are ultimately a chemical mix, much like diacetyl has the flavour profile of cream / butter.

As for coffee flavours, there's a study that suggests they're amongst the most cytotoxic. It's a minefield.

So it's a certain chemical in certain flavours like some others ;)
Yes your right it is a minefield.
I have been vaping for a few years and can only speak for myself but feel much better than when smoking, i had a lung capacity test at work aged 47 and there was a massive improvement from when i was 40 when smoking.

So probably about 6 years vaping to now aged 52.

So although i find my health better, I still could develop something caused through vaping later on, then again i might get run over tomorrow :D

Last edited:
So it's a certain chemical in certain flavours like some others ;)
Yes your right it is a minefield.
I have been vaping for a few years and can only speak for myself but feel much better than when smoking, i had a lung capacity test at work aged 47 and there was a massive improvement from when i was 40 when smoking.

So probably about 6 years vaping to now aged 52.

So although i find my health better, I still could develop something caused through vaping later on, then again i might get run over tomorrow :D

I suppose it's entirely dependent on what flavour you're using.

If you're using something to make a jam doughnut flavour for example, it's going to have something to provide a bread flavour, a berry flavour, a buttery flavour and a sweetener of some kind, at a minimum.

My point is, even your coffee flavouring is likely mix of chemicals to provide that coffee-like taste rather than a natural coffee extract, primarily because it would a) contain oil and b) go rancid.

As for vaping, I'm definitely pro vaping. I started around 4 years ago and I feel substantially better than when I was smoking. I've no intention to stop vaping, simply because I enjoy it; although I am moving down the strengths.

I suppose it's entirely dependent on what flavour you're using.

If you're using something to make a jam doughnut flavour for example, it's going to have something to provide a bread flavour, a berry flavour, a buttery flavour and a sweetener of some kind, at a minimum.

My point is, even your coffee flavouring is likely mix of chemicals to provide that coffee-like taste rather than a natural coffee extract, primarily because it would a) contain oil and b) go rancid.

As for vaping, I'm definitely pro vaping. I started around 4 years ago and I feel substantially better than when I was smoking. I've no intention to stop vaping, simply because I enjoy it; although I am moving down the strengths.

Yeah i know what you mean re the flavours.
Not just different flavours either.
I found a jam on toast flavour by st George ages ago, really nice but can't find it anywhere now, tried another j o t that irritated my throat every draw, another that just tasted like strawberry and one like fairy liquid 😲😄

Back