Indian vape ban

At a recent festival I was running out of fags and the stalls were all closed. Someone told me to try the vape branded pop up nightclub. I was overjoyed to see it was operated by imperial tobacco on the sign outside, but my joy turned to disappointment when I discovered they only sold vapes. Seems a bit odd - surely you would sell both products rather than lose the custom of the smokers?

From the American story but:

"The federal government’s CDC (Centers for Disease Control) says no specific substance or single type of device has been linked to all cases. But in most cases – about 80% – people have said they were using liquids that contained cannabinoid products, such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Most of those are said by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which is investigating with the CDC, to also contain a substance called vitamin E acetate. It appears some people may have bought their e-cigarettes or other devices off the street."

So dodgy shit basically.
The story is a couple of brothers started making vape juice and added THC but they also used vitamin A or something to the mix anyway they sold it to the locals and the likes and it's ended up making people very poorly. That's why it's from only one state that they have had the biggest problems. And they are buying stuff from China also. In the UK the ingredients are strictly regulated and have also banned some flavours that contains a certain chemical.

If the Indian government cared so much about it's people's health, then they'd ban cigarettes too. Seems they based this on the reported outbreak of a few dozen in 1 US state, based loosely on vaping. While conveniently brushing aside the many thousands of tobacco related deaths.
It really is a corrupt world we live in.

I run marathons for 30 years whilst a smoker.. PBS was 3 hr 10.. Took up vaping 6 months later I ran London in 2 51.. And I was a lot older than my previous pb... So science won't tell us for many decades wheather vaping is safer but by my experience its not so damaging...

I must have been one of the first vapers when I started about nine years ago. The smokers cough went within weeks and has never returned. Still vape from dawn to dusk, not had any health issues I am aware of.
I spent a week in India in February and didn’t see a single person shitting in the street.

Barely saw any smokers either.

I was there for four days and saw three people shitting in the same bush opposite my hotel window. A taxi driver even pulled up and curled one in it. Obviously an unofficial WC.

Last edited:
iv always thought vaping would come up bad in years to come. it is made unregulated and probley contains all kinds of unknown nastys. a bit like cigarettes.
Vaping products are regulated here, unknown nasties can be banned as they are discovered. Carcinogens are most likely going to be from flavourings, rather than nicotine, PG, or VG.

Strange that we don't do that with cigarettes, some of the carcinogens are from additives that are there as flavour enhancers or preservatives.
At a recent festival I was running out of fags and the stalls were all closed. Someone told me to try the vape branded pop up nightclub. I was overjoyed to see it was operated by imperial tobacco on the sign outside, but my joy turned to disappointment when I discovered they only sold vapes. Seems a bit odd - surely you would sell both products rather than lose the custom of the smokers?
Makes sense, they are losing customers in the west anyway. In 30 years there will be very few smokers here. They have the raw material (tobacco), selling it in another product makes sense to keep profits rolling in in a dwindling market.

Last edited:
I vape now and can cycle 30 miles with ease whereas i could hardly walk up a few flights of steps when smoking .

Here's an interesting page from NHS with a video.

As regards to American vape liquid, they add chemicals for smoother tastier vapes but they are carcinogenic and people over there are trying to highlight this.

Do you have a source for this?

Many of the cases of illness in the USA which relate to vaping are being linked to lipoid pneumonia caused by oil in the eliquids, usually cannabis oil of one type or another.

Do you have a source for this?

Many of the cases of illness in the USA which relate to vaping are being linked to lipoid pneumonia caused by oil in the eliquids, usually cannabis oil of one type or another.

There are video's on YouTube of people complaining about certain additives and it is documented,
I'll have a look.

There are videos on YouTube of people complaining space is fake and we live on a flat earth.

I'm sure @LondonBlackCat would want a reliable source. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if there are additives that are illegal here but legal in the USA and vice versa.

I would indeed like a reliable and balanced source. I'd be interested in knowing what the chemicals which produce a "smoother, tastier vape" are. Diacetyl was the hot topic a few years ago but that all died out some time ago.

There are videos on YouTube of people complaining space is fake and we live on a flat earth.

I'm sure @LondonBlackCat would want a reliable source. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if there are additives that are illegal here but legal in the USA and vice versa.

It is documented that chemicals such as diacetyl and pulegone are added in usa among other things like THC. They can be found in the ingredients unlike some tin hat space theory :rolleyes:

There are four ingredients,
Vegetable glycerin,
Propylene glycol,
Flavouring,
And if required, nicotine but not essential.
Thats all thats in mine when i make my own ;)

Nicotine makes a tastier vape, there's one. ;)

The more nicotine content the less you can taste the flavour and more the pepperey nicotine.

Last edited:
Naturally, although I'd hazard a guess that UK produced eliquid may well contain nicotine too. 🤔
Most premium brands don't, it needs to be zero nic in anything over 10ml. You add nicotine to it separately. I went down to zero nic for a couple of months a couple of years back, it affected the taste. Turns out it's a thing when I looked into it. But yes, I was obviously being a smartass.

I suspect it will be similar to e numbers where some things that aren't allowed here will be allowed there.

It is documented that chemicals such as diacetyl and pulegone are added in usa among other things like THC. They can be found in the ingredients unlike some tin hat space theory :rolleyes:

There are four ingredients,
Vegetable glycerin,
Propylene glycol,
Flavouring,
And if required, nicotine but not essential.
Thats all thats in mine when i make my own ;)

The more nicotine content the less you can taste the flavour and more the pepperey nicotine.

I make my own too. Going from zero nic to 3mg improved the taste. I started on 12mg which tastes rank to me now, though I obviously have a much heftier device today.

I make my own too. Going from zero nic to 3mg improved the taste. I started on 12mg which tastes rank to me now, though I obviously have a much heftier device today.

Why would you vape with no nicotine ? I only do it to keep off the tabs. Or have i misunderstood your post ?

There's a big issue with people dying and getting very ill from THC vape cartridges, especially in the US. People think licensed is good, but even licensed premises are selling things failing third party toxicology analysis.

A lad I know personally in London bought a few and tested them at his Uni before smoking them (doing a PhD in some area of chemistry), there was no THC, various contaminants and an active ingredient of spice!

Not entirely relevant to the OP like.

Why would you vape with no nicotine ? I only do it to keep off the tabs. Or have i misunderstood your post ?
I enjoy vaping, I'd gotten to the point where I felt it was less a nicotine delivery tool to feed my addiction so I made a litre batch of nic free and used that.

I didn't vape any more or less but found the taste wasn't as good and I didn't get the throat hit.

I could have probably pissed around with PG ratios (I use PG flavourings and nic with a VG base) or added something else to increase throat hit but as I had 2 litres of 72mg nic in my freezer I just bumped it back up to 3mg for my next batch and carried on.

Pentanedione

I can't find any evidence that diacetyl or Acetylpropionyl (pentanedione) are carcenogenic; they're not good for your lungs admittedly, although again that depends on the level of exposure.

The bottom line is they don't know specifically what's causing this current "outbreak" of vaping associated lung disease but the media have been keen to jump all over it and extol the dangers of vaping, despite what Public Health England have stated.

I can't find any evidence that diacetyl or Acetylpropionyl (pentanedione) are carcenogenic; they're not good for your lungs admittedly, although again that depends on the level of exposure.
Yeah, didn't we ban diacetyl in products a couple of years back here? Never been a fan of custard flavours so it wasn't something I really concerned myself with.

Back