India v England series

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they don't, they're absolute bottlejobs.

Aye need to stop being so nice here like, its not acceptable

More than anything its just ruined a marquee series
By the way

the only people who have complained about a pitch this series are the India players

Kohli criticized the first pitch and got the grounds man sacked

yet it’s getting spun as England being bad losers

Last edited:
Feel sorry for channel 4, having the balls to stump up the cash to put test cricket on terrestrial tv, and now being left with three days to fill in. Not a great advert for the game.

Sat all day today bored :lol:

Came off nightshift on Wednesday morning excited for 5 days of Test cricket where I could probably watch every single ball without interruption.

Actually think that’s worse than the fact we lost. I expected us to lose 4-0 anyway coming into it 🤷‍♂️

Aye need to stop being so nice here like, its not acceptable

More than anything its just ruined a marquee series
By the way

the only people who have complained about a pitch this series are the India players

Kohli criticized the first pitch and got the grounds man sacked

yet it’s getting spun as England being bad losers

And the 1st pitch was actually a fair one, you couldn't make it up :lol:

There's a Telegraph article that says if the ECB complain about the pitches the Indians will immediately cancel their tour here this summer.

Obviously for financial reasons the ECB will not allow this to happen, & I highly doubt they even would pull out, but I say fuck them. If they want to behave like c nuts, let them get on with it IMO.
Does that include the world test final at lords? They won’t cancel over a pitch complaint. Telegraph stirring imo

There's a Telegraph article that says if the ECB complain about the pitches the Indians will immediately cancel their tour here this summer.

Obviously for financial reasons the ECB will not allow this to happen, & I highly doubt they even would pull out, but I say fuck them. If they want to behave like c nuts, let them get on with it IMO.
I've got tickets for days 1 and 4 at the Oval, but I say fuck 'em. We've enough cricket this year anyway

Feel for Woakes, he needn’t have even been there so far
I don't have as much of an issue with the rotation policy as some, but the one problem I have with it is Woakes not getting a game. He should have played one game at least. It wouldn't have made much of difference to the outcome I don't think, but he probably should have played the 3rd Test instead of Broad.
Does that include the world test final at lords? They won’t cancel over a pitch complaint. Telegraph stirring imo
Doesn't say anything about that, but I highly doubt they would cancel either.

Would be hilarious if they cancelled our Tests and turned up for the Final anyway and we refused them entry.

Last edited:
I don't have as much of an issue with the rotation policy as some, but the one problem I have with it is Woakes not getting a game. He should have played one game at least. It wouldn't have made much of difference to the outcome I don't think, but he probably should have played the 3rd Test instead of Broad.

Doesn't say anything about that, but I highly doubt they would cancel either.

Would be hilarious if they cancelled our Tests and turned up for the Final anyway and we refused them entry.
:lol: It’s a fair question to be asked about the pitch. First time since early last century, it’s hardly a frivolous complaint

india bowled ten overs of seam. Was it just by chance they would only do that? Starting an innings with spinners at both ends? That happen often in the last decade, even in India?

it was a shit pitch, they know that so if England complain, there should be no problems

Call their bluff, plenty of teams would jump at the chance to come over for a few tests if they did cancel. The likes of Ireland and Afghanistan had to fight for years for the right to play tests and India are making a mockery of the format

:lol: It’s a fair question to be asked about the pitch. First time since early last century, it’s hardly a frivolous complaint

india bowled ten overs of seam. Was it just by chance they would only do that? Starting an innings with spinners at both ends? That happen often in the last decade, even in India?

it was a shit pitch, they know that so if England complain, there should be no problems
Exactly mate. And the point about them being the only ones who've complained about a pitch so far is a good one too.
Call their bluff, plenty of teams would jump at the chance to come over for a few tests if they did cancel. The likes of Ireland and Afghanistan had to fight for years for the right to play tests and India are making a mockery of the format
Couldn't agree more marra, would take massive balls which sadly I just don't think they have but the good that taking a stand like that would do can't be overstated IMO.

Last edited:
I noticed duncan watmore‘s dad sitting there with the Indian hierarchy. There was another bod from the FTECB as well, whose name has left me.

would like to know what was being talked about there as a test match was over within two days

Yep, f*ck them. If they cancel it’ll show the whole world what they are.

They wouldn’t cancel anyway. If I had a pound for every time they’ve threatened to pull out of a series or game... Every World Cup they threaten not to play Pakistan but still rock up on the morning of the game.

Spineless bastards. Plus they’d lose out financially

Last edited:
If India want to play these games, well just make sure that if India do indeed make the World Test Championship final against New Zealand that there's plenty of grass on the wicket... doesn't need to seam/swing all over, just enough grass to keep the spinners out of it. The Kiwis can do the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back