India v England series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woakes the latest player to head home as part of the rotation and rest policy despite not playing! If I was him I'd be well pissed off, travelling all that way, going through all the bubble hassle just to not play a minute.

If India want to play these games, well just make sure that if India do indeed make the World Test Championship final against New Zealand that there's plenty of grass on the wicket... doesn't need to seam/swing all over, just enough grass to keep the spinners out of it. The Kiwis can do the rest.

Absolutely. I hope it looks something like this:

Logon or register to see this image

Southee and Boult on that :cool:

New Zealand beat India easily 2-0 a year ago. First game was virtually an innings win, second game an easy 7 wicket win (3 late wickets to give it more respectability).

Consistent swing & seam and NZ will beat them again, as long as it doesn't turn into a lottery. NZ can play their 5 seam attack again.

The only problem with that is that with Ishant, Bumrah, Shami, Yadav, Siraj and even Buvneshwar Kumar they’re pretty well stocked with quicks that could take full advantage.

They are, but their batsman cant play the moving ball, the likes of Rohit be useless over here.
I guess the plus side of all this is that this thread will become more polite given some people aren’t watching the final test

Dont agree with that, never seen the board so united on one issue before, it's been good to see.

@The Rat

Quote from Aggers bbc article

"I do not blame them for picking the side they did, with only one frontline spinner in Jack Leach. In England's strongest XI you would have pace bowlers James Anderson, Stuart Broad and Jofra Archer."

Why should archers name be there?

Hes one of the best white ball bowlers in the world. But he's been lacking in test cricket for nearly 2 years now. He averages 31 with the ball and 7 with the bat.

Maybe we are biased about wood. But it's mad the pundits back archer now blindly.

It's almost like because of their over the top criticism of his so called attitude when he was brand new to the side. Seems they are scared to now criticise him when he actually deserves to be questioned. Considering he's now a solidified member of the side.

Last edited:
@The Rat

Quote from Aggers bbc article

"I do not blame them for picking the side they did, with only one frontline spinner in Jack Leach. In England's strongest XI you would have pace bowlers James Anderson, Stuart Broad and Jofra Archer."

Why should archers name be there?

Hes one of the best white ball bowlers in the world. But he's been lacking in test cricket for nearly 2 years now. He averages 31 with the ball and 7 with the bat.

Maybe we are biased about wood. But it's mad the pundits back archer now blindly.

It's almost like because of their over the top criticism of his so called attitude when he was brand new to the side. Seems they are scared to now criticise him when he actually deserves to be questioned. Considering he's now a solidified member of the side.

Aye I dont get it honestly mate, my criticism isn't really of Archer, he is what it is, but its the fact the media just blindly back him based on nothing

All of our best results have come when he hasn't played, won 5 in a row away without him

Its just lazy, they just drop his name int he XI and dont even explain why. He doesnt bowl quick, why has nobody mentioned that? I haven't seen one like about it in all the press.

Its gonna annoy me going forward as he is gonna play in key tests ahead of better bowlers

They are, but their batsman cant play the moving ball, the likes of Rohit be useless over here.

Dont agree with that, never seen the board so united on one issue before, it's been good to see.
True but Kohli found a method last time they were here, Pujara is coming over for County Championship to acclimatise rather than play in the IPL, Rahane & Pant both got runs last time and Gill looks like he’s got the ability to, provided they’re all still in the side when they get here.

True but Kohli found a method last time they were here, Pujara is coming over for County Championship to acclimatise rather than play in the IPL, Rahane & Pant both got runs last time and Gill looks like he’s got the ability to, provided they’re all still in the side when they get here.

Pujara did that last tour, got no runs for Yorkshire and was dropped from the India side because of it.

We'd beat them in England, we have convincingly since I started watching cricket, results by the way which never get any credit, they are just seen as a given by the media for some reason.

They are good series too, which is why this series is such a shame, completely pointless, and an utter disgrace to the name of test cricket, we should really think twice about touring there again, whats the point? Just a complete waste of time and money

They can’t bat against a moving ball though, whereas NZ can. Or atleast they’re better equipped.
Agree NZ are probably better equipped but I’m not sure there’s that much in it.

Our wickets here tend to be much flatter and good to bat on than they are green seamers as well, particularly the ones in London and down south.

Agree NZ are probably better equipped but I’m not sure there’s that much in it.

Our wickets here tend to be much flatter and good to bat on than they are green seamers as well, particularly the ones in London and down south.

Aye you are right there like, its just overheads, the pitches go 4 and 5 days

its annoyed me how many pudnts and journos throw the lazy line of "green seamers" we dont produce them at all in test cricket

Lords and the Oval are flat as out, Edgabston, Trent Bridge, all good places to bat

I've no idea where this idea comes from. Its just not true.

We cant stop the clouds, coldness and damp of England!

Pujara did that last tour, got no runs for Yorkshire and was dropped from the India side because of it.

We'd beat them in England, we have convincingly since I started watching cricket, results by the way which never get any credit, they are just seen as a given by the media for some reason.

They are good series too, which is why this series is such a shame, completely pointless, and an utter disgrace to the name of test cricket, we should really think twice about touring there again, whats the point? Just a complete waste of time and money
He played all but the first Test of their last tour and got a 100 and a 50, and they missed him badly that first test.

They’re also a better side than they were then - beating Australia in Oz twice in a row says as much, albeit the ball doesn’t move sideways as much there.

I expect them to be much more competitive this time.
Aye you are right there like, its just overheads, the pitches go 4 and 5 days

its annoyed me how many pudnts and journos throw the lazy line of "green seamers" we dont produce them at all in test cricket

Lords and the Oval are flat as out, Edgabston, Trent Bridge, all good places to bat

I've no idea where this idea comes from. Its just not true.

We cant stop the clouds, coldness and damp of England!
Agreed, Trent Bridge probably the most seamer friendly but a lot of that is to do with the atmospherics. We had that drawn Test a few years ago there that was a total snooze fest played on an absolute road. Jimmy got 80 odd iirc? That pitch might have even been officially called ‘poor’ I think

Last edited:
He played all but the first Test of their last tour and got a 100 and a 50, and they missed him badly that first test.

They’re also a better side than they were then - beating Australia in Oz twice in a row says as much, albeit the ball doesn’t move sideways as much there.

I expect them to be much more competitive this time.

Agreed, Trent Bridge probably the most seamer friendly but a lot of that is to do with the atmospherics. We had that drawn Test a few years ago there that was a total snooze fest played on an absolute road. Jimmy got 80 odd iirc? That pitch might have even been officially called ‘poor’ I think

Awful pitch that, nearly as bad as the pitch this week. Yeah got rated poor I think.

England has the best pitches in the world for me, alongside South Africa, you can score lots of runs if you play well, but enough in it for the seamers to keep them interested and it spins late on

The pitches in our last tours to Oz and NZ were awful, so flat, nothing it it, not using this as a reason for losing btw, just really really bad to watch, even when we played well.

Aye I dont get it honestly mate, my criticism isn't really of Archer, he is what it is, but its the fact the media just blindly back him based on nothing

All of our best results have come when he hasn't played, won 5 in a row away without him

Its just lazy, they just drop his name int he XI and dont even explain why. He doesnt bowl quick, why has nobody mentioned that? I haven't seen one like about it in all the press.

Its gonna annoy me going forward as he is gonna play in key tests ahead of better bowlers
It is a strange one with Archer like. I’ve got this feeling that I just can’t shake that there are underlying issues with him and the squad/maybe even Root, that have been there since he came in the side in the Ashes, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

he’s got obvious talent, yet for whatever reason we just aren’t seeing it on a regular enough basis.
Awful pitch that, nearly as bad as the pitch this week. Yeah got rated poor I think.

England has the best pitches in the world for me, alongside South Africa, you can score lots of runs if you play well, but enough in it for the seamers to keep them interested and it spins late on

The pitches in our last tours to Oz and NZ were awful, so flat, nothing it it, not using this as a reason for losing btw, just really really bad to watch, even when we played well.
Yeah, fully agree with that.

It is a strange one with Archer like. I’ve got this feeling that I just can’t shake that there are underlying issues with him and the squad/maybe even Root, that have been there since he came in the side in the Ashes, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

he’s got obvious talent, yet for whatever reason we just aren’t seeing it on a regular enough basis.

Yeah, fully agree with that.

I dunno mate, he just doesn't bowl quick, he gets on well with the players.

England dressing room is canny as out, probs too nice if anything.

Bar lords 2018 wasn't that convincing like.

Relatively close games despite a 4-1 scoreline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back