India tour

Ffs what is the point of a sky sports subscription these days
I've knocked it on the head mate, I've been getting more and more miffed with their cricket coverage.
Really hope all concerned not too harsh on England when the inevitable happens.

Listening to the wisen podcast this morning they were saying India since Cooks team beat them there, have lost only 3 tests in 46 games never mind trying to win a series.

It’s extremely hard to win a test!!

We know it’s fact Mccullum’s style has given the players confidence to shine, and play without fear and has proved successful.

Really hope we could continue to play our test cricket with confidence and without fear whatever happens this series.

It’s near enough impossible nowadays to win there as we know they will doctor the pitches massively to suit their spinners, but playing the McCullum way has more chance then just defending and waiting for the inevitable imo.
I don't think anybody's expectations are that high tbh. We know the pitches will be doctored and the overall conditions favour the Indians massively. I'm just hoping for some competitive tests in amongst some batterings.
No issues with Rehan Ahmed though also of Pakistani origin.

So strange why Bashir held up.
It all depends on whether you have been to Pakistan recently. They are known to rake back 20-30 years and ask about particular visits, why you went, did you go to any terrorist training camps etc etc. You know, regular every day questions.

Last edited:
Anyone managed to pick tickets up? @El Oso any joy, sorry if I’ve missed it.

Due to fly on Friday to Helsinki for a wedding Friday then over after that.

Few long days of travel!

Modi has launched his re election campaign with the opening of the Ayodhya temple. It's a sort of rallying call for Hindu nationalists and Kohli was invited. He didn't turn up, neither did Rohit Sharma.
Pure speculation, but perhaps Kohli doesn't want to represent such a divisive India.
I'd like to think that was the case. Our really nice cab driver today, Muslim was upset about it. He was talking about a Mosque last year, where they were subjected to rocks thrown at them as they left Friday prayers. This is in Catholic Goa, but rocks thrown by Hindus. Orange flags everywhere here today. Could understand it in, for example Delhi or Ahmedabad, but in Goa it is bizarre.

Anyway, enough of politics,
Anyone managed to pick tickets up? @El Oso any joy, sorry if I’ve missed it.

Due to fly on Friday to Helsinki for a wedding Friday then over after that.

Few long days of travel!
Not yet, but I dont arrive until Wednesday night. Other people have theirs already.
Someone asked Paytm and got a response saying ticket office open 8-4 on Test days, same address, HCA Gymnkana Grounds about an hour from the stadium. Others, including me, getting automated response to pick up tickets at the office, only open 10-6 , twenty first Jan2024 to the twenty fourth Jan 2023!

All single day tickets are sold out for first three days, most season tickets as well. According to the website. I think 5,000 school children have freebies every day. Three thousand armed forces for Republic Day on Friday.
The HCA are trying to be transparent with the allocation, after 11,000 tickets were unaccounted for in one of the ODIs. That's on top of the 11,000 or so corporate etc. People ended up in hospital after waiting for 10 hours in the rain and then being lathi charged by the police.
Mohammad Azharuddin, is President of the HCA, despite having being banned for life by the BCCI. He's a local MP. So it goes on.

Vizag tickets straight to email, no problems.

Last edited:
It all depends on whether you have been to Pakistan recently. They are known to rake back 20-30 years and ask about particular visits, why you went, did you go to any terrorist training camps etc etc. You know, regular every day questions.

I think it also depends how many generations of your family have been in the UK. Pretty sure you had to declare on your visa application if any of your parents or grandparents were born in Pakistan, but not before that.

Back