India tour

talked the Mrs into a carribean trip at some point but not sure test cricket will last long enough in the windies before that

Their recent games against India were extremely poorly attended. Mind, they know when they play us there’ll be thousands of English lads and lasses travelling so it’s one of their biggest paydays.

5 tests with doctored pitches that the ICC will deem as fine :evil:
It was Ahmedabad where we played on the really appalling wickets.

We drew in Rajkot in 2016/17. Dharamshala is the one right up north near the Himalayas, beautiful ground.

Only the second test to be played there since India vs Aus in 2017. England played an ODI there back in 2013.

Last edited:
Sending us a bit back of beyond aren't they. As a one time trip was hoping they'd do Mumbai or Delhi. Especially if the cricket is going to be on for just 2 or 3 days with their shite pitches

Anyone thinking of going to see us play them little shithouses?

If I was going to go I would do it independently, the Barmy Army trips are a rip off! Couple of my mates did it with them for a Caribbean tour and spent at least 2-3000 pounds more than doing it themselves, luckily for me I was living in Barbados full time! India is not my cup of Darjeeling, maybe my next trip will be the Ashes in Australia.

If I was going to go I would do it independently, the Barmy Army trips are a rip off! Couple of my mates did it with them for a Caribbean tour and spent at least 2-3000 pounds more than doing it themselves, luckily for me I was living in Barbados full time! India is not my cup of Darjeeling, maybe my next trip will be the Ashes in Australia.

BA are up front that you pay a premium for their tours tbf. Lots of the people in ‘it’ go independently.

I really fancy Dharamasala but it’s 27-40 hours and at least a grand return from Newcastle based on Skyscanner. So doubt I’m going. Was hoping for a decent venue on a direct flight from London but seemingly not.

What's the best way to get about there? As in to and from grounds? Seems like these places aren't exactly close to major airports but could be wrong

Sending us a bit back of beyond aren't they. As a one time trip was hoping they'd do Mumbai or Delhi. Especially if the cricket is going to be on for just 2 or 3 days with their shite pitches
Would have considered going but it's too much hard work imo. Shame as I'd love to go there. One test in Mumbai would have been nice.

Feel like they'll be poorly attended anyway

Back