India 🇮🇳 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 2nd Test Vizag

One of our top six has to make a ton plus in the first innings. The others chip in up to their averages and then we have a good chance of winning the game

Foakes has been messed around time and time again, he’d average more if he’d been given a decent shot
Is messed around the right word? I think most people agree he was very unlucky to get dropped for The Ashes, and possibly before that.

But I genuinely think the selectors thought the balance of the side with Bairstow keeping could have enhanced the chances of the side.

Sometimes in sport when you have options you have to make hard tough decisions which you think at the time rightly or wrongly will benefit the side, that’s all the selectors have done imo with Foakes.

Although I do agree and see people’s point that he could have played more

Last edited:
Foakes has been messed around time and time again, he’d average more if he’d been given a decent shot
Yep, forever looking over his shoulder and having to restart his test career can’t be conducive to good performances
One of our top six has to make a ton plus in the first innings. The others chip in up to their averages and then we have a good chance of winning the game
That’s the problem - a flashy 28 isn’t chipping in with their average

Last edited:
Is messed around the right word? I think most people agree he was very unlucky to get dropped for The Ashes, and possibly before that.

But I genuinely think the selectors thought the balance of the side with Bairstow keeping could have enhanced the chances of the side.

Sometimes in sport when you have options you have to make hard tough decisions which you think at the time rightly or wrongly will benefit the side, that’s all the selectors have done imo with Foakes.

Although I do agree and see people’s point that he could have played more
Yes. He’s barely had a settled run

He’s played 22 tests across 6 countries. England the most. With 6. Where he averages 40

Across 6 years.

Apart from 2022, he’s never played more than 3 tests in a year

He’s been messed around

Yes. He’s barely had a settled run

He’s played 22 tests across 6 countries. England the most. With 6. Where he averages 40

Across 6 years.

Apart from 2022, he’s never played more than 3 tests in a year

He’s been messed around
I think tbf with this regime they seem very loyal to the players and when Bairstow came back before The Ashes last year taking into account the brilliant summer he had the year before it was more than understandable he came back into the side, thought Foakes was unlucky as you can only pick 11 players.

I think each time the selectors have replaced him they have done it for no other reason that what they thought best for the balance of the side at that particular moment.

Hopefully Foakes will now get more of a run, because I agree the more run he gets in the side the better he will be.

Question for everyone - talking about Bairstow and his form being poor....

Root's form has been awful in this series and the ODI WC. He's not looked convincing at all. How much longer does he get?

I think tbf with this regime they seem very loyal to the players and when Bairstow came back before The Ashes last year taking into account the brilliant summer he had the year before it was more than understandable he came back into the side, thought Foakes was unlucky as you can only pick 11 players.

I think each time the selectors have replaced him they have done it for no other reason that what they thought best for the balance of the side at that particular moment.

Hopefully Foakes will now get more of a run, because I agree the more run he gets in the side the better he will be.
Well done for ignoring the facts

This regime?

I clearly said 6 years.

Regardless of whether you think they made sound decisions, he’s largely been given 2 tests in a row. Crawley (now averages ~2 more) gets 37 tests in a row.

You don’t think that’s messed around?

Last edited:
McCullum and Stokes I mean, think they loyal to the players, and genuinely thought it was right decision to bring back Bairstow for Foakes last summer.

Personally as most people probably do, I think it turned out to be the wrong decision, but after Bairstow brilliant knocks the summer before I could certainly see why they made that decision at the time

Well done for ignoring the facts

This regime?

I clearly said 6 years.

Regardless of whether you think they made sound decisions, he’s largely been given 2 tests in a row. Crawley (now averages ~2 more) gets 37 tests in a row.

You don’t think that’s messed around?
@Voice of fair play ignoring facts in blind defence of the indefensible? I'm shocked I tell ya

Foakes gets picked last year, we win the Ashes. It's honestly that simple.

I hope when the summer arrives we see Ahmed, Hartley and Shabir still involved

At least two per game and rotate the others with the seamers also being rotated

Of course it will help if Stokes can bowl around 8 overs a day

McCullum and Stokes I mean, think they loyal to the players, and genuinely thought it was right decision to bring back Bairstow for Foakes last summer.

Personally as most people probably do, I think it turned out to be the wrong decision, but after Bairstow brilliant knocks the summer before I could certainly see why they made that decision at the time
Ignoring the point then. He’s been messed about across his entire test career

He averages 40 in England. And gets picked in places like India where it’s hard
@Voice of fair play ignoring facts in blind defence of the indefensible? I'm shocked I tell ya

Foakes gets picked last year, we win the Ashes. It's honestly that simple.
I don’t think it’s that’s simple

But he’s still unlucky

Back