Incinerator on edge of washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

That sounds so naive, people will be milking all of this to the hilt.
Don't let the healthy environment kid you.
They just follow the money.

I gather you don’t work in climate science and have access to independently verifiable datasets that scientists all round the world do........

so what makes your viewpoint less naive? And more believable

I gather you don’t work in climate science and have access to independently verifiable datasets that scientists all round the world do........

so what makes your viewpoint less naive? And more believable

That people are not making money from it and alot of money for that matter?

Anyone know much about this and the public meeting at the SOL on Tuesday? Anyone planning on going
Apparently it’s a massive thing employing only 30 people but the environmental impact is huge, just heard a little about this today, and it should be stopped

Sunderland council,have rejected the application but the company have appealed, hence the meeting.

And as always it’s about money and there are a lot of untruths and lies about how ugh would be burnt and how much leccy would be generated

Also it’s on the old rail track, so if any future rail or metro development were to happen it’s a dead duck
Great first album

Sweden, home of Greta whatsherface, is one of the greenest countries on Earth with an environmental protection index of 86. Guess what they do with their waste? They incinerate it and have for years. Energy from waste has many advantages over landfill. It's not a perfect solution, but some of the stuff put on here about it is complete rubbish if you pardon the pun :lol:
Now now, that's a hate crime, I think.
Not at all. Just an efficient use of all the gas they produce :lol:

Last edited:
Sweden, home of Greta whatsherface, is one of the greenest countries on Earth with an environmental protection index of 86. Guess what they do with their waste? They incinerate it and have for years. Energy from waste has many advantages over landfill. It's not a perfect solution, but some of the stuff put on here about it is complete rubbish if you pardon the pun :lol:

Not at all. Just an efficient use of all the gas they produce :lol:

They burn like witches apparently.

The appeal inquiry was adjourned this morning after the council and the applicant applied for a 3 month adjournment to allow commercial discussions on a settlement that would satisfy all parties and allow the appeal to be withdrawn. I don't know anything about the commercial side of the proposal but if I were to guess I would say the settlement will be the council buying the applicants interest in the land or something along those lines.

If they can't reach an agreement the inquiry will restart in June, so not done and dusted but it looks to me like the applicant are prepared to withdraw their interest in the site if they can save face and recover some of the cost they have sunk into the project.

The appeal inquiry was adjourned this morning after the council and the applicant applied for a 3 month adjournment to allow commercial discussions on a settlement that would satisfy all parties and allow the appeal to be withdrawn. I don't know anything about the commercial side of the proposal but if I were to guess I would say the settlement will be the council buying the applicants interest in the land or something along those lines.

If they can't reach an agreement the inquiry will restart in June, so not done and dusted but it looks to me like the applicant are prepared to withdraw their interest in the site if they can save face and recover some of the cost they have sunk into the project.
Does that mean it will not be built? At least by the current developers.

Does that mean it will not be built? At least by the current developers.

Nowt certain yet but it suggests that the applicant are not 100% confident they would win the appeal and are looking to cut their losses. If they can't do a deal with the council that satisfies them they can still crack on with the appeal in the hope that they can convince the inspector that their proposal is acceptable. Definitely a positive step for anyone opposed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back