Incident outside Tottenhams ground

and that 40% contribute next to nowt to Sunlun imo there. Still trying to work out your point about what Sunlun would be like without a uni,I bet it sounded geet class in your heed though there mate :lol:
Approximately 7,000 international students paying money for accommodation, buying food, buying clothes, paying for entertainment must put a lot of money into Sunderland's economy. Then the 11,000 home based students, not all of which are local, also spending money on food and entertainment. Plus the university itself employs hundreds of people who then go on to spend part of their wages in Sunderland.
Warwick University recently published data which shows that the University added £1.15 billion to the local economy.

We're having a discussion about a topic that I'm qualified to talk about, more so than pretty much everyone else on here.
😂😂

The SMB’s version of the ‘only gay in the village’ when it comes to London life.

How long have you lived in London exactly?

Hmmm......

I recognise that patter......

Different username, same crack.
Got a slap from behind on a London street once didn't you?
Got yourself into a terrible lather on here over it.
I’ve been thinking the same thing for some time 😂 the persona is coincidentally similar from memory.

Approximately 7,000 international students paying money for accommodation, buying food, buying clothes, paying for entertainment must put a lot of money into Sunderland's economy. Then the 11,000 home based students, not all of which are local, also spending money on food and entertainment. Plus the university itself employs hundreds of people who then go on to spend part of their wages in Sunderland.
Warwick University recently published data which shows that the University added £1.15 billion to the local economy.
40% of Sunderland Uni is international students?!
Ridiculous that. They've seriously lost their sense of purpose and gone full blown corporate business, milking their Chinese cash cow.

Ridiculous that. They've seriously lost their sense of purpose and gone full blown corporate business, milking their Chinese cash cow.

I assume that includes the Canary Wharf campus.

Most universities are like that now, can charge a hell of a lot more to international students

Someone was killed outside of the Tottenham stadium.
Some posters who have tickets to events at the stadium thinks it means if you go to Tottenham you'll get stabbed and are now scared to go.
Some other posters said Tottenham's a no-go area and some other posters laughed at them for saying that.
I sorted it.

Thanks for thinking I'm hard because I dare to walk the streets of Tottenham, but I'm not.

You're just soft as shite.
"Have you seen old Mackney, out on the streets of Tottenham? Kicking up white dog shite in his worn out shoes........."

Ah no they've moved on from the Chinese lot. It's Nigeria and other African states now 👍

the students don't contribute much to sunlun imo there , they dinnit gan out to places like the stack, sunniside etc .Most are lerkels staying with their ma and da then going in and out on the bus to classes iirc.
Half the time you dinnit even realise there's a uni there mate
Wouldn't be much change without a uni

Even if they’re local the city benefits from them staying out rather than going to Leeds or Manchester to study.

the students don't contribute much to sunlun imo there , they dinnit gan out to places like the stack, sunniside etc .Most are lerkels staying with their ma and da then going in and out on the bus to classes iirc.
Half the time you dinnit even realise there's a uni there mate
Wouldn't be much change without a uni

Sunderland Uni also has a higher than average Chinese and African students who maybe don't drink or party like UK students would , also Sunderland used to have a higher than average percentage of students who were part time, and probably a lot of students who travel to and from Sunderland daily and don't hang around afterwards etc. Universities were created as a cash cow, or at least they used to be, only Durham and Newcastle proper universities in the NE IMO, the rest have just been created to make money and massage the how few jobs there really are NOT out there figures.
Slightly off topic but the Preston Model of localised cooperative trading is told here.

The Preston model: UK takes lessons in recovery from rust-belt Cleveland | Cities | The Guardian

Think everywhere is suffering at the moment, with students and non students having less money in their pockets. Sunderland helped by students from the Uni seemed to be doing okay in 2004, sometimes you couldn't get a seat in Fitzys most lunchtimes, now its empty, we were all better off in 2004, then the bubble burst, no more debt, NOT ALLOWED !. Other things have changed since then as well, even students are boring nowadays, whereas once upon a time, the social life was as important as the degree, its all Netflix and staring at your phone nowadays.

The bottom line is, I believe Uni's like Preston probably have a better reputation than Sunderland or Teesside and offer better courses and therefore attract students from more affluent backgrounds = more money spent in that location.

Last edited:

Back