Incident outside Tottenhams ground

You being from up here must understand how a day or two in london is a complete culture shock to many and they may comment on here about things (oyster card, kings cross) that are everyday life to you. I dont know how you find that so unreal and amusing and mock folk for it. Its entirely normal in a completely alien environment.
Stick the prick on ignore Spuff mate, he's not worth it.

About 5 years ago my youngest got a weeks work experience with KPMG (Someone the ex knew got him a place, not a look at me!). Anyway, whilst he's having a video call with his good old Dad (me) and the eldest about 6pm we all suddenly hear gunshots; single shots and semi-auto fire! Kai's like "holy shit Dad there's a gun battle going on outside", so I tell him to stop bloody watching it from his balcony! So he decides to film it instead! Yep, full on gang gun fight, a bunch of guys try to break into a property and the owners come out guns blazing. Was like a scene from a gangster film. So yeah, London is one scary place; this was very close to the Excel centre.

About the same as Tottenham really in terms of 'roughness' but much better for food and drink.

The Plimsoll is great.
I used to live in Finsbury Park and nowhere near as rough as Tottenham. That was 2010-13 though so might have changed since then.

*That said I did once see a bloke pissing out of the window of a flat above the Twelve Pins. It was raining down onto the people sat on the tables outside. Right on the busiest corner of Finsbury Park. Suppose that might not be everyone's cup of tea.

About 5 years ago my youngest got a weeks work experience with KPMG (Someone the ex knew got him a place, not a look at me!). Anyway, whilst he's having a video call with his good old Dad (me) and the eldest about 6pm we all suddenly hear gunshots; single shots and semi-auto fire! Kai's like "holy shit Dad there's a gun battle going on outside", so I tell him to stop bloody watching it from his balcony! So he decides to film it instead! Yep, full on gang gun fight, a bunch of guys try to break into a property and the owners come out guns blazing. Was like a scene from a gangster film. So yeah, London is one scary place; this was very close to the Excel centre.
It's not scary marra. It's a big city... bad stuff happens, so does a lot of good stuff, every day.
Just like everywhere else in the world.
Good stuff doesn't make headlines.
Maybe time to move this thread somewhere else. Somebody lost their life, and it had nothing to do with Spurs, or football.

Last edited:
Stick the prick on ignore Spuff mate, he's not worth it.

Aye aye. You’ve had a hard on for me for years. Come down for a visit?

I’ll rock your world.
Seabasaurus takin them all on :lol:

Had a quiet start to the week Mowsy lad. This kept me thoroughly entertained. Knocking them all out of the park.

This didn’t happen.

Last edited:
Because what's implied is that it's dangerous at night and it's dangerous for women, which it's not. Also you realise in built up, populous urban areas it's still busy at nighttime? Like there are people on the streets all the time.

I wouldn't live there because there aren't many good pubs to go to, nowhere decent to eat, no shops that I've ever want to shop in, a lack of open green space, it's further out from the centre than I'd want to be and none of my mates live there.
Try The Antwerp Arms on Church Rd by Bruce Castle Park. 3 or 4 mins walk from WHL. Lovely old pub annd the baits decent. Loads of old Cinema poster and Blue Note Jazz album cover type art on the walls featuring Spurs players instead of Bogart, Wayne, Eastwood, Coltrane, Davis, Mingus etc etc. Someone should do some in the pubs near the SOL.
Ignore the drug deals gannin on around the corner between the Park and Cemetery and you’ll be fine. No one gets mugged along there as the dealers don’t want the old bill around and the old bill want the dealers-buyers in one specific area ie away from houses. Safe to park there for the same reason……but you’ll know this already.
Hmmm......

I recognise that patter......

Different username, same crack.
Got a slap from behind on a London street once didn't you?
Got yourself into a terrible lather on here over it.
Aaaaaaaaaah.

Last edited:
Try The Antwerp Arms on Church Rd by Bruce Castle Park. 3 or 4 mins walk from WHL. Lovely old pub annd the baits decent. Loads of old Cinema poster and Blue Note Jazz album cover type art on the walls featuring Spurs players instead of Bogart, Wayne, Eastwood, Coltrane, Davis, Mingus etc etc. Someone should do some in the pubs near the SOL.
Ignore the drug deals gannin on around the corner between the Park and Cemetery and you’ll be fine. No one gets mugged along there as the dealers don’t want the old bill around and the old bill want the dealers-buyers in one specific area ie away from houses. Safe to park there for the same reason……but you’ll know this already.
I'll be sure to give it go. Will make a note of where I can pick up a bag as well. Cheers.

Aaaaaaaaaah.

He's talking shit, don't worry.

Once had a GF who lived in Bruce Grove, not far from Broadwater Farm, and it was lary. I lived in some rough areas of the east end but they had nothing on that. Only Lewisham/Camberwell/Peckham comes close IMO.

Tottenham got nothing on Rochdale BRO

Seriously though, most of our cities are becoming rougher, pretentious young professionals in the centres, with the less fortunate banished to beyond the outer ring road or the peripheries, no healthy mix of people, in a never the twain shall meet culture, and that is always bad for a society. Its a political decision, and its a ticking timebomb IMO.

No doubt about it there are some bad parts of London, but there are other parts, that are almost village like, and where I would feel as safe as if I was in Sedgefield.

Unfortunately cities in the UK seem to be the only place where there are real opportunities for aspirational young people to get rich, if that is your thing. For many people in the hinterlands, away from the capital city/ big cities there is not much to look forward to in life.

Tottenham got nothing on Rochdale BRO

Seriously though, most of our cities are becoming rougher, pretentious young professionals in the centres, with the less fortunate banished to beyond the outer ring road or the peripheries, no healthy mix of people, in a never the twain shall meet culture, and that is always bad for a society. Its a political decision, and its a ticking timebomb IMO.

No doubt about it there are some bad parts of London, but there are other parts, that are almost village like, and where I would feel as safe as if I was in Sedgefield.

Unfortunately cities in the UK seem to be the only place where there are real opportunities for aspirational young people to get rich, if that is your thing. For many people in the hinterlands, away from the capital city/ big cities there is not much to look forward to in life.

Ooof, scary times. I certainly wouldn't risk going there at night, especially not with my lass on my arm. No way, not taking any risks.

Is all the north of England like this?

Been the stadium twice for NFL games, so not had any bother. Went into a local pub after one game and nearly got mugged when the barmaid said that's £24 for two pints of Stella. Decided we weren't thirsty after all and left swiftly. From the earlier posts, it seems a BJ is cheaper than a pint in these parts.
£24 for two pints of Stella in London? Was it happy hour?

Back