Incident outside Tottenhams ground

What happened, without reading all this...

Someone was killed outside of the Tottenham stadium.
Some posters who have tickets to events at the stadium thinks it means if you go to Tottenham you'll get stabbed and are now scared to go.
Some other posters said Tottenham's a no-go area and some other posters laughed at them for saying that.
I sorted it.
234 declarations of Tottenham area being rough as f*** followed by multiple hard lads claiming the thread is full of fannies

Thanks for thinking I'm hard because I dare to walk the streets of Tottenham, but I'm not.

You're just soft as shite.

Ooof, scary times. I certainly wouldn't risk going there at night, especially not with my lass on my arm. No way, not taking any risks.

Is all the north of England like this?
Lots of it is becoming like this, especially the former cotton/wool making West Yorkshire/ Lancashire satellite towns. These towns were generally poor, as most towns with big Asian populations tend to be, so who the hell, thought it would be a good idea to plant thousands of Lithuanians, Romanians, Poles, etc etc into places that were already struggling to come to terms with the demise of their industries?

I think we actually dodge a bullet in the North East, the area is so poor and jobless, we tend to avoid the sort of influx of immigrants, EU workers that have settled in places such as Bradford etc.

Lots of it is becoming like this, especially the former cotton/wool making West Yorkshire/ Lancashire satellite towns. These towns were generally poor, as most towns with big Asian populations tend to be, so who the hell, thought it would be a good idea to plant thousands of Lithuanians, Romanians, Poles, etc etc into places that were already struggling to come to terms with the demise of their industries?

I think we actually dodge a bullet in the North East, the area is so poor and jobless, we tend to avoid the sort of influx of immigrants, EU workers that have settled in places such as Bradford etc.
East Lancashire ( Blackburn, Accrington,Burnley , Colne ) is seriously run down . Wigan was coal - not cotton based and kind of does ok. Preston does well because of its central location / M6 / West Coast Main Line . Blackpool is desperate. Warrington thrives like Preston . Bolton ok. St Helens ok.

Johnson/The Rat perhaps?

@LondonMackem i think
About 5 years ago my youngest got a weeks work experience with KPMG (Someone the ex knew got him a place, not a look at me!). Anyway, whilst he's having a video call with his good old Dad (me) and the eldest about 6pm we all suddenly hear gunshots; single shots and semi-auto fire! Kai's like "holy shit Dad there's a gun battle going on outside", so I tell him to stop bloody watching it from his balcony! So he decides to film it instead! Yep, full on gang gun fight, a bunch of guys try to break into a property and the owners come out guns blazing. Was like a scene from a gangster film. So yeah, London is one scary place; this was very close to the Excel centre.

The excel once you get past the sanitised half a mile around it is slap bang in top boy territory - Limehouse, Canning Town etc

Last edited:
East Lancashire ( Blackburn, Accrington,Burnley , Colne ) is seriously run down . Wigan was coal - not cotton based and kind of does ok. Preston does well because of its central location / M6 / West Coast Main Line . Blackpool is desperate. Warrington thrives like Preston . Bolton ok. St Helens ok.

Preston I think always had a bit more about it, and last time I was there seemed by todays standards, quite vibrant. I believe Wigan is on a bit of a downward slide at the moment, and would say Bolton is less than okay, but each to their own opinions. Bolton though like Gateshead could benefit from getting some of Manchester's housing overspill and investment in years to come. Bolton to my mind is very similar to Sunderland in size, history and its proximity to a major regional capital in Manchester and Newcastle. Bolton IMO is in a poorer state than say Sunderland was 10 years ago, but what has happened in Sunderland city centre lately has improved it cosmetically at least, the same needs to happen in Bolton I would say.

Fair summary mate - Bolton has almost been swallowed up by North Manchester- much to the independent locals disgust.

Preston has some very affluent suburbs tbh ( some not so much ) but it’s location, thankfully , is key - the city centre is booming and the huge student population at UCLAN really helps the economy.

Fair summary mate - Bolton has almost been swallowed up by North Manchester- much to the independent locals disgust.

Preston has some very affluent suburbs tbh ( some not so much ) but it’s location, thankfully , is key - the city centre is booming and the huge student population at UCLAN really helps the economy.
Having a University can make a big difference to a place, students spend money that the locals wouldn't necessarily spend. Imagine Sunderland without the University.

Imagine Sunderland without the University.
the students don't contribute much to sunlun imo there , they dinnit gan out to places like the stack, sunniside etc .Most are lerkels staying with their ma and da then going in and out on the bus to classes iirc.
Half the time you dinnit even realise there's a uni there mate
Wouldn't be much change without a uni

Last edited:
the students don't contribute much to sunlun imo there , they dinnit gan out to places like the stack, sunniside etc .Most are lerkels staying with their ma and da then going in and out on the bus to classes iirc.
Half the time you dinnit even realise there's a uni there mate
Wouldn't be much change without a uni
Nearly 40% of the students are international.

Back