Incident at Tate Modern Art Gallery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

i am sure I read he was walking again.

There’s an update on the GoFundme page, despite small improvements it’s pretty grim reading.

For some reason I cannot link it so here’s a cut and paste

[
15 MAY 2020by Vicky D, Organiser
Good evening Everyone,

I hope you’re all staying safe and well throughout these hugely uncertain times. Thank you all so much for continuing to follow our Little Knight, his progress and for the continued donations and messages we still receive for them. It’s just incredible.

Tonight I received an update that his parents have asked me to post:

“Hello all,
First of all, thank you so much for your support and your messages. We read and reread you in difficult times and it always gives us so much strength and courage! Thank you.
Despite appalling conditions of confinement at the hospital, we are happy to announce that we are holding on and that our little knight has continued to make progress !!
Our child has only his two boot-shaped splints now, and a splint on his left arm that he wears only at night. He still has to spend his day in a shape moulded seating fixed on his wheelchair.
His sentences are always hashed, syllable by syllable, because he still lacks breath and muscle tone. We don't always understand everything he says, especially when he's tired but he expresses himself more and more.
Regarding food, no change, but we were warned that it could be very very long (1 to 3 years) before being able to eat everything (including rice, lentils or cake, for example) and in particular before drinking.
Regarding the brain, memory seems to work a little bit again, very slowly. We help him to train it as much as we can, respecting his rhythm because he is always very tired. For instance, every day, we ask him to remember the activities of the day, and some times, it works a little bit. He also begins to remember new things, which means that the connections are gradually being re-established in his brain. This is positive because it means that the brain gradually repairs itself.
In terms of mobility, he continues to gain muscle tone. On a soft surface like in his bed, he now succeeds in lying on his stomach and rolling on his back. He also manages to stay seated long enough on the floor to play a little. He cannot yet move to retrieve a car that has gone too far, for example, but he can play by staying in the same place by grabbing his toys with his right arm. Finally, as he has muscled his thighs well, he can now carry his own weight. He does not yet have balance and needs to be maintained and guided, but he is now standing with a walker and manages to advance a few meters with the physiotherapist’s additional help !!! He is very happy to discover his room and the world while standing! And he is very impatient to be able to walk on his own as before!
There is still a long way to go but we are holding on, even confined and masked. Take care of you, you all, and protect those you love.”

Ashamed to say I reckon I'd have launched him off.
Same here. Or stamped on his head. The rage would drive me nuts if I hadn't enacted some revenge on him.

I'm actually not sure how I would ever cope with someone doing something to me kids. I'm bad enough if another kid pushes in front on the slides.

Same here. Or stamped on his head. The rage would drive me nuts if I hadn't enacted some revenge on him.

I'm actually not sure how I would ever cope with someone doing something to me kids. I'm bad enough if another kid pushes in front on the slides.

Tbf it's normally me pushing in.
There’s an update on the GoFundme page, despite small improvements it’s pretty grim reading.

For some reason I cannot link it so here’s a cut and paste

[
15 MAY 2020by Vicky D, Organiser
Good evening Everyone,

I hope you’re all staying safe and well throughout these hugely uncertain times. Thank you all so much for continuing to follow our Little Knight, his progress and for the continued donations and messages we still receive for them. It’s just incredible.

Tonight I received an update that his parents have asked me to post:

Actually upset reading that. Haway you little soldier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back