Incident at Tate Modern Art Gallery...

Wouldn't it bea psychiatrist or social worker or someone professional who would decide what supervision he required?
Depends on a number of things, primarily funding stream, if social care then a social worker will have assessed under the care act, a support plan will have been produced and based on that the care providers will have an individual care plan. If health then usually they agree the package cost and may carry out risk assessments but the plan will more than likely be produced by the care providers and agreed by the local relevant clinical commissioning group. The level of professional health worker involvement varies, could be pretty minimal but for 2-1 care could be a full MDT with psychiatrist, psychologist, nurses, speech and language therapists and possibly occupational therapist. May be even more if court of protection involvement or previous criminal behaviour.On top of that the CQC will have inspected, in theory at least.
It’s easy to blame the provider but they will have a commissioned package and guidelines to follow like a positive behaviour plan. If they followed that then they have essentially done their job providing they raised appropriate concerns if behaviour was escalating and risk changing. Sadly upon investigation of these cases there a usually a number of problems that on there own wouldn’t warrant serious concerns but together create a a major failing- slightly overdue review/ inspection, new guidelines not being properly communicated to staff, failure to escalate concerns promptly, changes in medications, failure to properly assess capacity, having agency staff etc.
In this instance not responding to the apparent wish to throw someone off a high building and appropriate escalation of that and consequently reassessment of risk looks problematic. Sometimes none of the above would have made any difference but, having worked with many potentially risky people I would certainly have wanted a clearly defined risk plan for supporting someone expressing a desire to throw someone off a building that addressed that risk- presumably by not supporting them to be in a position to do so although if he had capacity then he has much the same rights to go where he wants as you or I and stopping him could be unlawful without a genuine immediate concern or legally authorised limitations on his movements.

Gr8 reply m8, really appreciate your input into our little conversation.

Enjoy your weekend, try not to give anyone a massive kicking though. 👍
Try not to give any hate filled sex pest nutters who attempt murder a slap on the wrists because they are “poor lads” who have been failed by the system.

Try not to give any hate filled sex pest nutters who attempt murder a slap on the wrists because they are “poor lads” who have been failed by the system.
No one gets off because the system failed them but people, both with mental health or developmental conditions and those that have no such difficulty do commit crimes in part because the system has failed them. Recognising the failure is critical in improving future outcomes for everyone in society.

I wonder how the kid is recovering.

He isn’t recovering and will be severely disabled for life.

15 years, so 7 1/2 actually in prison, no where near long enough for his crime in my opinion.

Judge said he probably will spend the rest of his life locked up. The lad was described as a real threat to society, there’s not a chance he will be out on the streets after 7 1/2 years. I agree that the sentence seems light but in reality it won’t be.

He isn’t recovering and will be severely disabled for life.

Judge said he probably will spend the rest of his life locked up. The lad was described as a real threat to society, there’s not a chance he will be out on the streets after 7 1/2 years. I agree that the sentence seems light but in reality it won’t be.

Grim. A museum is the last place you would expect to go to and leave with life changing injuries.

Hopefully not, absolutely hideous crime.

I wonder how the kid is recovering. Absolutely awful crime.
Heard earlier someone describing what the poor bairn is living with (upper body cast, arm in a cage, in a wheelchair, some brain damage and other stuff). That wicked bastard should never be freed, yes he's mad but he's also incredibly bad and a danger to society.

Back