I'm proud of my support .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
it certainly is.
i'm obviously not the only one that has noticed a bit of an undercurrent on here lately that seems to think people that actually go are mugs and are part of the problem by turning up and putting money in short's pocket. the best way to get rid of him is to stay way, blah, blah, blah.
personally i can't wait for brentford to see us hopefully get a result but also to watch a game of football with fellow sunderland fans from around the country who put time, effort and money into following our great club.
Spot on, good post

Read his past threads
He has an opinion, sometimes I agree, sometimes I don’t.

it certainly is.
i'm obviously not the only one that has noticed a bit of an undercurrent on here lately that seems to think people that actually go are mugs and are part of the problem by turning up and putting money in short's pocket. the best way to get rid of him is to stay way, blah, blah, blah.
personally i can't wait for brentford to see us hopefully get a result but also to watch a game of football with fellow sunderland fans from around the country who put time, effort and money into following our great club.
Fab post

..... and many other people are rightly proud of theirs.

I've seen a few people saying we're a laughing stock and an embarrassment.

Well they may be right but imo they're totally missing the point.

I'll be at Brentford with hundreds of decent people who are proud to have supported their club through thick & thin just like supporters of Carlisle, Darlington, Hartlepool or Scarborough ......so we've dropped a division and are struggling to adjust, big deal. We've been down to the 3rd division before and the support was absolutely incredible.

We weren't embarrassed then and I'm not now ...... that's football, Leicester won the league but might be relegated this season.

BTW, strong drink has been taken ..... so sue me :cool:

Well said .

But I can't be arsed anymore, though it has absolutely bugger all to do with being utter shite. I've seen way more of that than sugar. But the club as it is now does not even remotely feel like my club. It is a horrible mess, and harbours a lot of people at a lot of levels who are stealing a living.

They are my team but not my club, and my time can be better used. Enjoy Brentford though!

[QUO aTE="rowley2, post: 26391161, member: 13182"]Well said .

But I can't be arsed anymore, though it has absolutely bugger all to do with being utter shite. I've seen way more of that than sugar. But the club as it is now does not even remotely feel like my club. It is a horrible mess, and harbours a lot of people at a lot of levels who are stealing a living.

They are my team but not my club, and my time can be better used. Enjoy Brentford though![/QUOTE]
They are my team but not my club . I understand where you come from . After 47 years ive never felt so distant

Well said .

They are my team but not my club, and my time can be better used. Enjoy Brentford though!

Good post mate and I sincerely applaud your post.

The only people I have an issue with are wankers who tell me I'm the problem while they sit on their arse banging away on a laptop in their mam's back bedroom.

..... and many other people are rightly proud of theirs.

I've seen a few people saying we're a laughing stock and an embarrassment.

Well they may be right but imo they're totally missing the point.

I'll be at Brentford with hundreds of decent people who are proud to have supported their club through thick & thin just like supporters of Carlisle, Darlington, Hartlepool or Scarborough ......so we've dropped a division and are struggling to adjust, big deal. We've been down to the 3rd division before and the support was absolutely incredible.

We weren't embarrassed then and I'm not now ...... that's football, Leicester won the league but might be relegated this season.

BTW, strong drink has been taken ..... so sue me :cool:

Fans like yourself should always be admired for sticking and always supporting their team.

However fans who had enough and would rather spend their money on family,day on the drink,clothes whatever, should not be criticised either.

It's just a question of choice, and whatever choice a person makes should be respected.

Fans like yourself should always be admired for sticking and always supporting their team.

However fans who had enough and would rather spend their money on family,day on the drink,clothes whatever, should not be criticised either.

It's just a question of choice, and whatever choice a person makes should be respected.

Why say that when I've said nothing of the sort ...... what are you trying to say?

I absolutely agree, at times at the minute though, it seems as though those still choosing to go are the source of all that is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back