I'm Going Vegan

Sorry for the lack of updates.

I've probably been about 75% vegan since this started.

I can't get away with the fake milk, it's just rank (every different type) and I do not believe anyone who says otherwise.

Other than that the vast majority of my meals fit the bill. I have had the odd fish dish but that's it.

Losing some weight but that's not solely down to this. Do I feel better? Well only because I'm far less likely to have a git wass slap up high fat meal now that will make me feel like shite afterwards.

Mind you I've had some class meals that I never thought I would enjoy as much as I have. I'm cooking from scratch a lot more. I would honestly say that it's those things that have been the best things about this, rather than just the cutting out of some food types, it's been the changes in the way I do things.

Still really fancy a steak though.
Again, intermittent fasting. No reason why you can't have a steak as long as it's not on your 2 restricted days per week.

But it's a lot harder to brag about.

Why would anyone give up meat. It's f***ing chos.

Every vegan I know seems to be depressed as fuck anarl, must be the smell of bacon sarnies or something...
I eat vegan bacon sarnies and they are lush without an animal having its throat slit in the process.

Bloke at work talked to me about being vegan for 40 mins yesterday.

I get it's cruel but for me it's just the way the world is. If chickens need to be slaughtered for me to have cheap chicken breasts then so be it. Id prefer if they were all happy and looked after but the population demands convenience. Also i can't get my head around why vegans can't eat free range eggs. It's just taking it too far.

Bloke at work talked to me about being vegan for 40 mins yesterday.

I get it's cruel but for me it's just the way the world is. If chickens need to be slaughtered for me to have cheap chicken breasts then so be it. Id prefer if they were all happy and looked after but the population demands convenience. Also i can't get my head around why vegans can't eat free range eggs. It's just taking it too far.

Because the thought of eating an egg is absolutely disgusting? It's an odd one to get confused about, I know plenty of meat eaters who find the thought of eggs minging.

Because the thought of eating an egg is absolutely disgusting? It's an odd one to get confused about, I know plenty of meat eaters who find the thought of eggs minging.
I bet they still eat dishes that have egg as a constituent part, mind.

Sorry for the lack of updates.

I've probably been about 75% vegan since this started.

I can't get away with the fake milk, it's just rank (every different type) and I do not believe anyone who says otherwise.

Other than that the vast majority of my meals fit the bill. I have had the odd fish dish but that's it.

Losing some weight but that's not solely down to this. Do I feel better? Well only because I'm far less likely to have a git wass slap up high fat meal now that will make me feel like shite afterwards.

Mind you I've had some class meals that I never thought I would enjoy as much as I have. I'm cooking from scratch a lot more. I would honestly say that it's those things that have been the best things about this, rather than just the cutting out of some food types, it's been the changes in the way I do things.

Still really fancy a steak though.

Here's something I don't understand sorry if it has been asked before. Milk doesn't involve killing the cow, although producing the amounts we need is probably uncomfortable for them.
But let's say the whole world went vegan. There'd be no need for cows any more so unless we turned them out into the wild to fend for themselves they would go extinct since there would be no reason to breed them.
So vegan consciences would be clear of killing them but they would either die out or live a feral existence subject to all kinds of disease.
How would vegans feel about that ?

Here's something I don't understand sorry if it has been asked before. Milk doesn't involve killing the cow, although producing the amounts we need is probably uncomfortable for them.
But let's say the whole world went vegan. There'd be no need for cows any more so unless we turned them out into the wild to fend for themselves they would go extinct since there would be no reason to breed them.
So vegan consciences would be clear of killing them but they would either die out or live a feral existence subject to all kinds of disease.
Good point mate. For me this is nowt about morals though.

Dairy foods are supposed to be pretty bad for you when looked at scientifically. If you read up on it there is concrete science behind it.

Let them free, let them live, let them buck and let nature/evolution take care of them.

I raised this with a Vegan once before and he was for eventual extinction, advocating the farmers keep the cattle in some sort of bovine retirement home until they die. However, he also loved Game of Thrones which uses three football fields of leather per series but he couldn't see my point when I asked him how he could support a show that engages in such animal slaughter.

Loads of species would disappear without us looking after them. Chickens would be gone within weeks. Feral bulls are very dangerous and a big problem in Oz

Dairy foods are supposed to be pretty bad for you when looked at scientifically. If you read up on it there is concrete science behind it.

For once a vegan is right about something.

Consuming dairy products is not in sync with evolution. Cows have only been domesticated for the last eight thousand years. Before that, they were running around mad as lorries. The human digestive system hasn't got used to dairy products yet.

Source: Tommy from snatch

Dairy is not fish meat or eggs though?

Back