I'm Going Vegan

For once a vegan is right about something.

Consuming dairy products is not in sync with evolution. Cows have only been domesticated for the last eight thousand years. Before that, they were running around mad as lorries. The human digestive system hasn't got used to dairy products yet.

Source: Tommy from snatch
Most Europeans have but not everyone

I don't eat any cow milk products.

Do I get to bore on about it to others?

I don't really mention it and if someone uses regular cheese or butter I don't kick off.

my daughter is a veggie and her husband is a muslim,that plus meat eaters makes Christmas dinner a nightmare. Green plates means anybody can eat. red plates means it has meat content.

quorn has some nice stuff but some of it is like cardboard, so I would learn to use spices. chilli from the mince quorn is ok. quorn roast with mint sauce and chilli powder, marinate quorn sausages in apple juice

Good point mate. For me this is nowt about morals though.

Dairy foods are supposed to be pretty bad for you when looked at scientifically. If you read up on it there is concrete science behind it.

I thought whether you eat meat or not was a moral issue ?
Until we kill them , many farm animals have a vastly better quality of life than they would have in the wild. I know that's equivalent to saying slaves might have a better quality of life than they would if they were free people but if suffering is your yardstick the farm animals are better off on the farm.

my daughter is a veggie and her husband is a muslim,that plus meat eaters makes Christmas dinner a nightmare. Green plates means anybody can eat. red plates means it has meat content.

quorn has some nice stuff but some of it is like cardboard, so I would learn to use spices. chilli from the mince quorn is ok. quorn roast with mint sauce and chilli powder, marinate quorn sausages in apple juice

Shouldn't there be a third colour for no pork or ham , halal etc ?

Last edited:
I thought whether you eat meat or not was a moral issue ?
Until we kill them , many farm animals have a vastly better quality of life than they would have in the wild. I know that's equivalent to saying slaves might have a better quality of life than they would if they were free people but if suffering is your yardstick the farm animals are better off on the farm.

Shouldn't there be a third colour for no pork or ham , halal etc ?
anything that is veggie or sea food goes on a green plate. my daughter does not eat seafood either, but seafood is quite obvious on a plate thankfully.

we don't buy halal meat as we believe it is a cruel way for the animal to die, so cant get that mixed up.

anything that is veggie or sea food goes on a green plate. my daughter does not eat seafood either, but seafood is quite obvious on a plate thankfully.

we don't buy halal meat as we believe it is a cruel way for the animal to die, so cant get that mixed up.

So the muslim(s) at the dinner party have to eat non halal meat or go veggie ?

Loads of species would disappear without us looking after them. Chickens would be gone within weeks. Feral bulls are very dangerous and a big problem in Oz

I think the Cayman islands are a pretty good example of why that wouldn't be the case. A hurricane in the mid 2000's scattered them across the island and people had more important things to do at the time than catch them and put them back. They've been a feral species ever since and they're f***ing everywhere.

Logon or register to see this image

I don't eat any cow milk products.

Do I get to bore on about it to others?

I don't really mention it and if someone uses regular cheese or butter I don't kick off.

Why's that? I don't eat any sheep or goat dairy products because I think they taste horrible, like the smell of the animal they come from.

For once a vegan is right about something.

Consuming dairy products is not in sync with evolution. Cows have only been domesticated for the last eight thousand years. Before that, they were running around mad as lorries. The human digestive system hasn't got used to dairy products yet.

Source: Tommy from snatch
*throws milk out of window*

I think the Cayman islands are a pretty good example of why that wouldn't be the case. A hurricane in the mid 2000's scattered them across the island and people had more important things to do at the time than catch them and put them back. They've been a feral species ever since and they're f***ing everywhere.

I was meaning here, but fair enough, places without foxes would have them still.

I thought you meant the world in general, but it's a fair point. Other than feral dogs I don't think there are too many predators on Cayman.
They could become wildlife sanctuaries for the most mundane (as we see them now) animals. In 100 years we might just grow our meat in a lab. We might have the WWF (not that one) appealing for us to give just £2 per month to save the chicken.

Back