I'm blaming the Ref tonight

24 if you count both hands

That bellend against Ipswich takes some beating like, then again, the linesman in front of the west stand was ridiculous anarl.
What about the one at the Doncaster match Eddie? The one with short,legs and a dodgy tan? watching him was the most entertaining part of the match. He had us in kinks man.
It's safe to say he's bound to have a shite game.
Undoubtedly mate. I can’t wait to get properly vexed by the knacker.
I saw him earlier today looked like the type who will make it all about himself :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Before we've kicked-off. 😂
Getting in early before the ref haters on here start their pish.

Not sure if it is ref haters...rather than they are hopeless. The guy in the whidtlewho gave Wyke a yellow for diving when he had been kicked/tripped was particularly awful and eventually red faced. Mind the likes of Friend and Marriner inthe PL are not much better.

A mate and I were chewing over why the refs were hopeless and wondered, unlike cricket, ex players in football do not become refs?

Not sure if it is ref haters...rather than they are hopeless. The guy in the whidtlewho gave Wyke a yellow for diving when he had been kicked/tripped was particularly awful and eventually red faced. Mind the likes of Friend and Marriner inthe PL are not much better.

A mate and I were chewing over why the refs were hopeless and wondered, unlike cricket, ex players in football do not become refs?

It’s a f***ing obvious answer to your last question surely, for years and years ex players have a built a reputation and in some cases are loved by fans, that love would turn to hate after properly a couple of games!

They don’t need the hassle and know its a thankless and very diffcult job that’s why they don’t become refs,

I always blame the bad weather, correct me if I'm wrong but we always seem(ed) to do worse in rotten weather.

It’s a f***ing obvious answer to your last question surely, for years and years ex players have a built a reputation and in some cases are loved by fans, that love would turn to hate after properly a couple of games!

They don’t need the hassle and know its a thankless and very diffcult job that’s why they don’t become refs,

We thought they did not need the money... I never played football to a very high standard but I did think it gave me insight into what was a foul and what wasn't. Refs most of the time miss it when a player leave his foot in, but give a foul when a player feels a touch and falls down. If the refs had seriously played football they would give better decisions

Plus the fact most of them are clueless.

in the olden days the pundits recommended that professional refs were the answer. It only meant they started paying £4K per game rather than £400. They then said VAR is the answer.

anyway, all I’ll say is that we can’t agree on decisions on here, so what hopes have the refs got? I’m not claiming they are perfect, I just have much lower expectations on their performance than some.

Back