I'm blaming the Ref tonight

We thought they did not need the money... I never played football to a very high standard but I did think it gave me insight into what was a foul and what wasn't. Refs most of the time miss it when a player leave his foot in, but give a foul when a player feels a touch and falls down. If the refs had seriously played football they would give better decisions

I think they rather sit in a warm studio or report on the match and criticise after watching several replays.

With been involved in football, they will realise very few if any get any praise whatsoever especially the lower level you go down, and with the fast pace of football now and how good players are at feigning injury and making dives look like fouls that it’s very very diffcult to get decisions right with one look from one angle and spilt second to decide.

The amount of times you hear ex players comment on a foul on the radio or the telly then change their mind after watching the replay is loads, if refs had played football more they would still get loads wrong as impossible not too in todays modern pace cheating footballers.

You don’t need to have played football at a high level to be a good ref, in the same way some of the top managers in the world have not played at a high level either.

Agree, I particularly liked when he knew their goalkeeper was milking his 'injury' and just walked away.

The bit where he allowed one of there players to get away with fouling Power who was taking a free kick at the time, OK Power milked it, but the most obvious Yellow for encroachment / delaying the restart.

The bit where he allowed one of there players to get away with fouling Power who was taking a free kick at the time, OK Power milked it, but the most obvious Yellow for encroachment / delaying the restart.

Yeah...Can't have it all marra, given the usual standard of refereeing in League One, most would have sent Power off for that knowing our luck.

Back