If you're sent to jail, should your landlord evict you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
asking for a friend...

Council house that's not in use, so I see no problem with it. With privlidges come responsibilities and that. And the only thing he had to do was not be a complete arseole and he could have kept his house.

Last edited:

My mam, dad, gran and nana are all over 55 and none of them own their own house.

My gran's lived in the same council house for 30-odd year. My nana must've been in hers for kicking on 30 year when she moved into a bungalow n'all.

Imagine coming from a time when housing wasn't an issue.

asking for a friend...

Dunno about that, but if you're a racist gobshite who stands in the street stirring up race hate in others and still renting, your landlord should evict you IMO.

Hope this helps.

My mam, dad, gran and nana are all over 55 and none of them own their own house.

My gran's lived in the same council house for 30-odd year. My nana must've been in hers for kicking on 30 year when she moved into a bungalow n'all.

It was instilled in me as a kid that if I took no other advice in life its to always make sure you buy your own house. I'm 43 and my mortgage will now be paid off when I'm 50, just in time for a midlife crisis :cool: Horses for courses. I worked with a lass who was forking out £800pcm for a rental. She's been doing that for 20 years. £192k and nothing to show for it. Oh, and she got evicted on the whim of the landlord at her last place too as she wanted to sell up.

It was instilled in me as a kid that if I took no other advice in life its to always make sure you buy your own house. I'm 43 and my mortgage will now be paid off when I'm 50, just in time for a midlife crisis :cool: Horses for courses. I worked with a lass who was forking out £800pcm for a rental. She's been doing that for 20 years. £192k and nothing to show for it. Oh, and she got evicted on the whim of the landlord at her last place too as she wanted to sell up.

“ evicted on a whim “

more like her tenancy agreement wasn’t renewed, the tenancy agreement that she happily signed knowing and understanding the full terms ?

somehow I can’t believe she was paying £800 rent 20 years ago either.

It was all well and good Thatcher letting people buy their council houses. Can't really fault that side of things.
What they failed to do, was replenish the stock. As a direct result, house builders don't want to build social housing, or even affordable housing, because there's no money in it for them.

And there's a couple of the problems with a lack of social housing.

Given me a different perspective some of the posts in reply to my original post, from starting work I'd always had the idea that getting a house then a few buy to let houses was the way forward but suppose people have different priorities
Margaret Thatcher likes this.
Well its more to do with this man is trying to lead a movement and claiming to have the answers however isn't particularly inspiring as shown by the fact he's scratching around in a council house. I struggle to see what I've said wrong here tbf, others may find it laughable I drive a 3 year old Polo or that I don't travel its all about peoples choices.
There's no value in the opinion of anyone who lives in a council house?
It was all well and good Thatcher letting people buy their council houses. Can't really fault that side of things.
What they failed to do, was replenish the stock. As a direct result, house builders don't want to build social housing, or even affordable housing, because there's no money in it for them.
It's almost as if she had a plan.

Last edited:
“ evicted on a whim “

more like her tenancy agreement wasn’t renewed, the tenancy agreement that she happily signed knowing and understanding the full terms ?

somehow I can’t believe she was paying £800 rent 20 years ago either.

You can believe what you want mate :lol:

I believe things I read when they make sense , unfortunately when reading your post they didn’t add up.....mate.

Fair enough. You can rent the house over the road from where she lived right now if you like for £1k pcm in a nice part of Whickham. Her fella owns his own business and does very well for himself. My point is they wasted a huge amount of cash on renting when they could have bought and cleared a fair bit of their mortgage in 20 years. Not really sure why its so hard to make sense of that.

Housing will have been an issue for your gran etc if they're only 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back