If you're sent to jail, should your landlord evict you?

Given me a different perspective some of the posts in reply to my original post, from starting work I'd always had the idea that getting a house then a few buy to let houses was the way forward but suppose people have different priorities

Few years till I reach that but I have no intention of owning a house. Nor have a wifey / hubby. Nor getting kids. Nor to drive a car for that matter. And guess what, am perfectly happy.
A very refreshing outlook, I remember you from years ago on here and you weren't very well at all, glad you're still with us and I hope everything is well on the health front, you must like a pint tho?

if hes secure tenant then they can only evict based on him breaching his tenancy agreement..sub letting to a mate while you are inside for example

or just not paying your rent
it's a laborious process like, I had one in mine years ago and she simply stopped paying rent, it went on for months and months and months and as a landlord you have to jump through so many hoops, as it happened she died but it has certainly put me off being a landlord, certainly never again through choice

I don't think he should be evicted. His punishment is the prison sentence. When he comes out he needs the same process as any ex-offender to try and sort his shit out, and if he doesn't that's when you deal with him.

But he is only going to need housed and funded when he gets out and hasn't suddenly turned into a highly employable model of respectability
Should have thought about the consequences before he did the crime
Few years till I reach that but I have no intention of owning a house. Nor have a wifey / hubby. Nor getting kids. Nor to drive a car for that matter. And guess what, am perfectly happy.

I suspect with the value of hindsight many of us would take this path...My first marriage was to a Dane btw

Last edited:
Nasty little man syndrome you lad, You Would of thought you learned your lesson after denying the holocaust...I do own my own home btw ( well still paying the mortgage)
Like I said the replies have given me more perspective, I never go on holiday and I have a modest car my priorities for expense are houses and clothes. Appreciate some people may choose to spend their smackeroos on other things.

Like I said the replies have given me more perspective, I never go on holiday and I have a modest car my priorities for expense are houses and clothes. Appreciate some people may choose to spend their smackeroos on other things.
With all due respect, what’s that got to do with laughing at anyone who doesn’t own a house at 55? You come across as a right prick tbh

With all due respect, what’s that got to do with laughing at anyone who doesn’t own a house at 55? You come across as a right prick tbh
Well its more to do with this man is trying to lead a movement and claiming to have the answers however isn't particularly inspiring as shown by the fact he's scratching around in a council house. I struggle to see what I've said wrong here tbf, others may find it laughable I drive a 3 year old Polo or that I don't travel its all about peoples choices.

Breach of tenancy agreement it would appear , good work by the council releasing a property to someone more deserving.

Cannot see anything wrong with this decision at all.

With an added bonus of him being not allowed another council property for twelve months after he comes out.

Banged into a b&b with his tag on when let out on licence, tremendous, couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke.

Breach of tenancy agreement it would appear , good work by the council releasing a property to someone more deserving.

With an added bonus of him being not allowed another council property for twelve months after he comes out.

Banged into a b&b with his tag on when let out on licence, tremendous, couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke.

:lol:

is it only 12months before you can reapply? almost 2 years for me and I got kb'd straight away. thankfully, I had someone who sorted the issue for me.

he's gonna be in for a shock, that's for sure.

May, somewaht ironically, end up on Roker Avenue.

Maybe one of those people in Sunderland who think he is a hero should give him a roof over his head.......Thought not

I bet there's loads of people that sacrificed accumulating assets to follow their dreams, but fuck those losers eh? Having a load of money and things before you peg it is the ultimate goal.

But if say your dream is early retirement & go travelling then owning your owm house, paying off mortgage as early as possible is the best way of doing this, and it doesnt really involve having loads of money before you peg it (unless of course you peg it at a fairly young age)

But if say your dream is early retirement & go travelling then owning your owm house, paying off mortgage as early as possible is the best way of doing this, and it doesnt really involve having loads of money before you peg it (unless of course you peg it at a fairly young age)

Aye, true. I'm not saying buying a house couldn't help facilitate your dreams, just it's not necessarily the be all and end all. Bought my first place at 20 and currently don't own anything, at a bit of crossroads and not sure if such a commitment is essential right now.

I was working with someone recently that admitted they hated the job they were in but pretty much were committed to doing that and nothing else for the next 20yrs of their life to ensure their poxy house in a not-exactly-salubrious part of town was paid for. Just seemed an odd trap to put yourself in.

Last edited:

Back