If youre going to go at the fans...you have to back it up Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping we can stay in touch with the play offs until January. A right back is needed desperately.
Just a right back?
To be fair who would you have playing that wasn't in the team tonight? I'm not directing the blame at anyone in particular here, but I don't think team selection was to blame.
It's not team selection. It's how the team is set up and drilled on the training pitch. Playing to the players strengths no square pegs in round holes. Encouraging and instructing the players during the 90 minutes on the field of play to maximise their input to the game.Good managers can influence and instruct their players during the game to respond to any tactical changes from the opposition. How many times last season and this have we seen a capitulation from us in the second half of games.

Last edited:

There's actually no indication of how we are supposed to play, we don't sit and counter and we certainly don't go and pressure the opposition.... it's basically get the ball to McGeady and hope he scores, and it needs to be more than that if we are to go up.

Donald doesn’t pick the f***ing team

He is just as much to blame, responsible for the whole football operation, the squad isn't good enough, the signings have been horrendous, the scouting team is non-league level, everything about the football operation is completely amateurish, including the academy

He hired the manager and hired 3 of his mates in positions they arent remotely qualified for.

There is absolutely no way this bloke should be allowed to run it when the new owners come in. You make think he is a nice guy, sure he is, but he doesn't know how to run the football side intelligently

Last edited:
He is just as much to blame, responsible for the whole football operation, the squad isn't good enough, the signings have been horrendous, the scouting team is non-league level, everything about the football operation is completely amateurish, including the academy

He hired the manager and hired 3 of his mates in positions they arent remotely qualified for.

There is absolutely no way this bloke should be allowed to run it when the new owners come in. You make think he is a nice guy, sure he is, but he doesn't know how to run the football side intelligently

Beginning to think similarly. We have lowered our ambition and the club has morphed into an average League one club with limited staffing nous (from top to bottom). We need a kick up the arse to get out of this mind-frame.

Beginning to think similarly. We have lowered our ambition and the club has morphed into an average League one club with limited staffing nous (from top to bottom). We need a kick up the arse to get out of this mind-frame.

Aye, mentality has been we are a league one club, lets act like one. Everyone goes on about this budget, spending money, its all gone on one player whose been a disaster. The strategy has been all wrong since day one, almost like we want to be a league one club bizzarey as its all they know.

Really hope new investment brings new ideas and philosphy, I am not too fussed about the money, we just need better more proffesional people in charge. For all the guys at the minute have done, they ain't football savvy and never will be. Its just a run of the mill lower league operation.

The thing that concerns me is when the new owners came over, they were sat in a box with Tony Cotton and Richard Hill, I just hope that was routine and not a sign that these are the men they will be investing in!

I dont doubt the current owners intentions, I just don't think he has the ability to turn it round, and thats proven by all his appointments, which have been really poor

thank fuck for netflix thats all I can say.
I have not posted much and just read the odd thread and I must admit the poster who has had it spot on for months is @The Cabbage , bang on about the football side problems.

Its too easy just to blame Jack Ross, I have no strong opinion on him personally.

Last edited:
Good job he did like as he sure as fuck wasn’t getting Safc out of league one without them.

It’s embarrassing that we’re having to rely on billionaires to get out of this f***ing division when the likes of Luton who spent fuck all, Barnsley who spent fuck all and Charlton who couldn’t even put a full bench out last season get promoted, and then this season Coventry who don’t even have a ground and Ipswich who were the championship whipping boys are making this league look easy.

Blame Donald, not Ross. Shit Donald picked Ross, Shit Donald kept Ross, Shit Donald spent fuck all this summer. Ross is garbage, our worst manager ever, but Donald is a joke.

Donald just got us back to within our means and negotiated a future (hopefully) that we could only dream of 12 months ago. Get your head taught man

What was that? Outplayed for the final hour against Rotherham at home.why bring McLaughlin in then move you're regular right back to playing off the forward?

And of course you cant see what people are moaning about. We can all quote stats to say what we want jack.

5 clean sheets in 26 games I think. 11 wins in the last 29 league one games I've just read there.

shambolic...this is the man is it? Sooner he goes the better because this is last season repeated.

He didn’t have a go at the fans.

What bigger picture? Some yanks that may or may not but some money in? If Donald’s picked them, they’ll be shite.
Yes I am sure those multi billionaire businessman are going to be shite. Don’t let your anti Donald agenda cloud your judgement . Donald has given Ross all the tools he needs to have his bossing this league but he has no clue no tactics and we are getting worse rather then showing any signs of improvement

Just a right back?

It's not team selection. It's how the team is set up and drilled on the training pitch. Playing to the players strengths no square pegs in round holes. Encouraging and instructing the players during the 90 minutes on the field of play to maximise their input to the game.Good managers can influence and instruct their players during the game to respond to any tactical changes from the opposition. How many times last season and this have we seen a capitulation from us in the second half of games.
Yeah that was my point too, it's not team selection that's the issue it's how the players perform, basic passing etc. And whether that's Ross' fault I don't know, but it's down to him to get the best out of the players and that's not happening.

So if you dont rate the manager you're a mag.

Better tell the fans down accrington who were moaning like fuck and shouting about Ross.
Don't rate ...fine.

Disgrace....nah not for me.

What was that? Outplayed for the final hour against Rotherham at home.why bring McLaughlin in then move you're regular right back to playing off the forward?

And of course you cant see what people are moaning about. We can all quote stats to say what we want jack.

5 clean sheets in 26 games I think. 11 wins in the last 29 league one games I've just read there.

shambolic...this is the man is it? Sooner he goes the better because this is last season repeated.
11 wins in the last 29 is that correct

I don't know what to think about all the heat around Ross. I've not seen a game yet this season but did a fair few as an exile last season. We were no great shakes but missed promotion by a whisker to Charlton who are doing well in div 1.
We are placed okay in the league but people's biggest beef seems to be we don't put teams to the sword. Ross seems to be a thinker about the game but we look to have the talent to outplay most sides. Is it his mindset, too cautious? Can he change?
His press conferences seem very guarded. Would people give him longer if he came out public ally and said we need to be more ruthless, and take personal the responsibility for this?
My inclination is that stability is vital at a football club but as I say I've not seen us play yet this season

Fourth in league and a fantastic set of new owners.

I firmly believe we have squad for promotion when games come thick and fast.

Need Mcnulty to say fit and a returning Duncan as well until we get a new CF in January then we need not rely on those two forwards who have no place here.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Class. Original too
Don't think I've read a possitive post from you ever....but you not alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back