"IF we default on repayment, The fans will get what they want anyway"

Not necessarily. Who knows what the Yanks really want?
The Dells have an investment team and buying Sunderland is just a very small investment for there portfolio which leads me to believe they want return first results second. Sunderland could be in trouble for many years if it does not start building from bottom ie the AOL up....

They said in the beginning they would leave if it becomes clear the fans want them out. Seems that's where we are at now.

That’s not what the majority of fans think though. This forum isn’t representative of the majority. This place is laden with angry keyboard warriors with too much time on their hands. The majority of fans are more level headed - yes pissed off that things are going as badly as they are, hungry for success but sensible enough to realise there is no magic bullet to sort it out, and that where we are is the result of years of mismanagement. Turning nasty on those that are trying to turn things around isn’t the answer. People talk like there is a queue of billionaire philanthropists waiting in the wings to fix it all. There isn’t! Anger without answers is all too common and that will get us nowhere fast.

Anyone else thinking this might be the intention? Chasing the yanks to put money in, that will lead to them owning the club if SD etc stop paying the loan. Part of me thinks it's understandable. they've had a go, but is it more bother than it's worth to them? Considering they already have successful businesses going on anyway.

If they want to get off the magic carpet I would, for one, totally understand. They said in the beginning they would leave if it becomes clear the fans want them out. Seems that's where we are at now. Cost-cutting galore and then appointing PP, the Maja fiasco. I think they have done a great job getting the clubs finances in order.

Just not anything else.

Still appreciate them getting involved. Saved the club by all accounts.
Pleased you appreciate them getting involved, I don’t.
imho they have deprived the club and the team of the very thing put in place to safeguard clubs in out situation.
The parachute payments

Sorry but where has the comment come from?? I imagine the long haired Tory twat is it? Been throwing myself I to work lately and if iring the shite surrounding the club at the minute, what a childish and pathetic quote it's far from what any of the fans want and whoever has said it want to remember that everything that has been asked of the fans has been smashed and more

SDs most recent radio newcastle interview.
imho they have deprived the club and the team of the very thing put in place to safeguard clubs in out situation.
The parachute payments

Should really be illegal using them for any other means bar the clubs health.

Not necessarily. Who knows what the Yanks really want?
To make us into a series of very large housing estates.
That’s not what the majority of fans think though. This forum isn’t representative of the majority. This place is laden with angry keyboard warriors with too much time on their hands. The majority of fans are more level headed - yes pissed off that things are going as badly as they are, hungry for success but sensible enough to realise there is no magic bullet to sort it out, and that where we are is the result of years of mismanagement. Turning nasty on those that are trying to turn things around isn’t the answer. People talk like there is a queue of billionaire philanthropists waiting in the wings to fix it all. There isn’t! Anger without answers is all too common and that will get us nowhere fast.
Good post!

Last edited:
The parachute payments
This actually happened? In terms of, not paying for the club themselves. I assume they used the money to pay for operating costs. Our wage bill was still massive for that 1st year.

Awful thing to come out with imo.

hes just the holder of our club as he keeps saying, its up to him to sort our best interests not go ina strop.
Looking more and more likely the sooner they go the better for all concerned, it's become obvious they saw it as a chance to make some big money, gamble hasn't paid off, they'd have relished the admiration they'd have got had it gone to plan but can't handle the concerns now that is all going massively tit up

Interesting that you think the majority of fans still support Stewart Donald and I'd definitely disagree. Wonder how it would be possible to find out?? (genuine question)

The Dells have an investment team and buying Sunderland is just a very small investment for there portfolio which leads me to believe they want return first results second. Sunderland could be in trouble for many years if it does not start building from bottom ie the AOL up....

This has nothing to do with MSD Capital or MSD Investors. FPP is Fuhrman, Platek and Phelan investing as individuals, precisely so there is no pressure to get a return. To put it in context, Fuhrman owns pictures that cost him more than the loan.
Interesting that you think the majority of fans still support Stewart Donald and I'd definitely disagree. Wonder how it would be possible to find out?? (genuine question)

You'd need to pay a polling company to do a properly randomised test. My admittedly informal sampling (earwigging conversations at various locations before and after home and away matches) suggests wider support in the general mass of supporters than on here. Hardly surprising. People who don't like a situation are always more likely to be vocal than those who are happy, or even merely content/indifferent.

Last edited:

Back