"IF we default on repayment, The fans will get what they want anyway"

Why don't they just sell then, as was the intention when first engaging the yanks. It only went tits up because of SD's delusion of grandeur that he was worthy of being a major Premier League Chairman.
Defaulting the loan gives it to the Americans for 10m when he could have had 40m two months ago.
Won’t he be left owning safc while the dell boys own the sol and aol?

Trustworthy Insurance salesman getting his eyes ripped out by astute American gang shocker, must be some kind of Karma.
He's a charlatan of the highest order imo and will be the final nail in the coffin.
Michael knighton in disguise.:eek: except he can only do 3 keepy ups!!

It’s fair to say most managers, owners and players regret getting involved. Perhaps Stewart is the exception

That's also not fair to say, that is speculation.

And this isn't pedantry by the way, it's important. It's part of the 'Hate Donald' narrative that he's lost all interest and wants out. And it's speculation.

I think they were intending on buying it when it looked like we going to have a strong promotion charge, but when it started going to shit and fans were kicking off I think they got scared off a bit.

I think they were intending on buying it when it looked like we going to have a strong promotion charge, but when it started going to shit and fans were kicking off I think they got scared off a bit.

Aye, but that's just grist for the negotiation mill.

They can get us for peanuts if they hold the stadium.

No it isn't fair to say that, it's complete speculation on your part :lol:
Oh I think it's reasonable.

If someone buys a football club on the cheap, tells the fans the club is cash rich and going for promotion only to fuck it up it'll sting a little.

If he then have to explain why the cash has gone and exactly how they bought the club it could be seen as slightly embarrassing.

If he was called a chancer in the national press that would be embarrassing.

If there was a chance he'd make little or no profit not only would it be embarrassing it would make him wish he hadn't bitten off more than he can chew.

What a spiteful, spoilt brat like quote that is like.

hes like a bitter ex girlfriend.

how the ferk does he know what the fans want anyway.

bizzare.
Sorry but where has the comment come from?? I imagine the long haired Tory twat is it? Been throwing myself I to work lately and if iring the shite surrounding the club at the minute, what a childish and pathetic quote it's far from what any of the fans want and whoever has said it want to remember that everything that has been asked of the fans has been smashed and more

That's also not fair to say, that is speculation.

And this isn't pedantry by the way, it's important. It's part of the 'Hate Donald' narrative that he's lost all interest and wants out. And it's speculation.
I don’t hate him. I quite admire him for giving it a shot. Just pointing out that with Sunderland things generally turn sour and many of those that do invest or travel up to the club probably regret it.

Anyone else thinking this might be the intention? Chasing the yanks to put money in, that will lead to them owning the club if SD etc stop paying the loan. Part of me thinks it's understandable. they've had a go, but is it more bother than it's worth to them? Considering they already have successful businesses going on anyway.

If they want to get off the magic carpet I would, for one, totally understand. They said in the beginning they would leave if it becomes clear the fans want them out. Seems that's where we are at now. Cost-cutting galore and then appointing PP, the Maja fiasco. I think they have done a great job getting the clubs finances in order.

Just not anything else.

Still appreciate them getting involved. Saved the club by all accounts.

It’s the intention, but the yanks intention, not there’s.

Theirs is to get us up and make more money.

Yanks is to watch them flop and pick the club up on the cheap.

All IMO of course

Anybody wanting some corporate vultures from America gaining any sort of control of our club are delusional. Look at how they set this loan up. Give it 3 years and there would be nothing left. American financiers are the scummiest people on earth.

Oh I think it's reasonable.

If someone buys a football club on the cheap, tells the fans the club is cash rich and going for promotion only to fuck it up it'll sting a little.

If he then have to explain why the cash has gone and exactly how they bought the club it could be seen as slightly embarrassing.

If he was called a chancer in the national press that would be embarrassing.

If there was a chance he'd make little or no profit not only would it be embarrassing it would make him wish he hadn't bitten off more than he can chew.

That's all speculation :lol: Are you f***ing serious?!

Anyone else thinking this might be the intention? Chasing the yanks to put money in, that will lead to them owning the club if SD etc stop paying the loan. Part of me thinks it's understandable. they've had a go, but is it more bother than it's worth to them? Considering they already have successful businesses going on anyway.

If they want to get off the magic carpet I would, for one, totally understand. They said in the beginning they would leave if it becomes clear the fans want them out. Seems that's where we are at now. Cost-cutting galore and then appointing PP, the Maja fiasco. I think they have done a great job getting the clubs finances in order.

Just not anything else.

Still appreciate them getting involved. Saved the club by all accounts.

They will never default. They lose their investments!

They turned down 30 million in the summer🤔🤔 i dont believe it. Why turn that down then borrow?

You sure the club still own the hotel?

They never did. It was built and run by another Short company.
Won’t he be left owning safc while the dell boys own the sol and aol?

No, far from it. The Americans primary security is Madrox's sole asset, its shares in Sunderland. What Donald meant is that in the event of a default, Madrox can either a) appoint an administrator to Madrox to recover its debt (most speedily done by selling the shares with the club as a going concern, or b), if they want the club, because of a fairly unusual clause in the charge document, they can convert some or all of the debt into Madrox shares, this diluting the existing shareholders below 10%, and enabling them to compulsorily buy the rest.

Last edited:

Back