"IF we default on repayment, The fans will get what they want anyway"

Don’t think it would be a good thing - the yanks have already said expressly they have no wish to run a football club.

As investors seeking a sure fire return on the capital they deployed, they’d be more likely to sell of all the clubs property assets and pocket the cash, than they would be to run a business in an industry they don’t know, which is a notorious money black hole, and probably lose even more money.

What a spiteful, spoilt brat like quote that is like.

hes like a bitter ex girlfriend.

how the ferk does he know what the fans want anyway.

bizzare.

He reads this site!

Hi Stewart, please quicken your departure and ask the Americans to take over fully at the board meeting..
I don't think its as altruistic or as aligned with what the club needs as they would make out.

You're on the nose quite a lot...

Last edited:
Anyone else thinking this might be the intention? Chasing the yanks to put money in, that will lead to them owning the club if SD etc stop paying the loan. Part of me thinks it's understandable. they've had a go, but is it more bother than it's worth to them? Considering they already have successful businesses going on anyway.

If they want to get off the magic carpet I would, for one, totally understand. They said in the beginning they would leave if it becomes clear the fans want them out. Seems that's where we are at now. Cost-cutting galore and then appointing PP, the Maja fiasco. I think they have done a great job getting the clubs finances in order.

Just not anything else.

Still appreciate them getting involved. Saved the club by all accounts.
Where's the title quote from, please, mate?

Why don't they just sell then, as was the intention when first engaging the yanks. It only went tits up because of SD's delusion of grandeur that he was worthy of being a major Premier League Chairman.
Defaulting the loan gives it to the Americans for 10m when he could have had 40m two months ago.

That a fact or you guessing/reading between the lines?

something businessmen are famous for doing of course
Yes its business practice but why did and still continues to do does don spin and obfiscate any discussion on the use of the parachute payments to pay for the club?Its not the deed but the explination i have difficulty with!

Last edited:
not one hit for the phrase "

in all of google

Actually there is one hit. This thread.

it appears absolutely nowhere else on the net

even then you would imagine he'd be able to raise the 10m needed fairly easily
its a loan and he doesnt need to raise the full 10 million ,just the repaymentswhich as far as i know nobody but the twp parties are aware what they actually comprise.

not one hit for the phrase "

in all of google

Actually there is one hit. This thread.

it appears absolutely nowhere else on the net

“So the only exposure, in reality, is for Juan, Charlie and I, because if we don’t make good on the repayment, all that basically happens is – what quite a lot of Sunderland fans want, I think – is that the guys who have lent us the money will have control of Madrox. We’d lose the money that we have invested, that would go into the ether, and the American investors would get the lot."

Back