If England dont win the Euros

..................................Pickford..........................
..................Walker........McGuire.....Dunk...............
..................................Stones.......................
............Foden.....Mainoo.........Bellingham.....Maddison
............................Kane.........Toney....................

Grealish
Watkins
Rice
Brathwaite
Sahka

Attack, attack, attack.

We're heading into this tournament with the best squad all round imo.

Anything other than winning the lot should be seen as a failure. We've got the best striker in world football, and on current form the best player in world football too.

I've no confidence we will beat France who we will likely meet in the Semi finals, and thats if we get past whoever comes second in the Italy/Spain/Croatia group who we could play in the quarters.

Hope I'm wrong though.
No we havent imo. We have a plethora of good creative players but we cant play them all and glaring weaknesses at top class international level.

They most definitely are not. The IPL is where the best games are played, the best players play, the biggest money is involved, the biggest crowds watch, and it has created global franchise cricket. Most players prioritise their IPL contract over playing for their countries.
It’s not that clear cut. Boxing Day Test against India or England still draws in 80,000+ As do international tournaments. The IPL certainly isn’t “the best games” either, T20 is shite

Should have gone after the defeat to Italy in 2021. Another Pickford howler last night, we won't win the Euro's, even though we should with the players at our disposal.
Name the other Pickford England howlers oh wait you can’t

It was our first season back from League One, by what measure should we have expected to have been battling for promotion last season?
I think of you look at the history and size/resources of the club we should be promoted or close to every year we arent in top division. Luckily for their fans Ipswich (a smaller club with less resources) didn't think the same.

France don't have the weaknesses we do
Spain don't have the weaknesses we do
We have greater depth than both in attacking areas but we are far easier to exploit than them.
France, stonger defensively no doubt. Mbappe aside I wouldn't have any of their forward players in our squad nevermind our lineup.
Man for man I'd say we're much better than Spain at the minute too.

Should he be replaced if we dont win the euros. Going off the friendlies he has a really young squad again, another squad that has the potential to come good in a tournament or twos time if not now. Is anything less than 1st place going to be accepted, I'm thinking probably not by the fans, I think the FA are more than happy.

Do I think england are making a mistake if they get rid of him after the summer, probably.

Can't help but think if they go down the route of anyone else it simply won't work the same as it has under GS, he's got the whole of the English football set up going in one direction player wise (bar ben white) and it's been a largely positive one if you consider every result and tournament standings.

Or we can go back to chopping and changing every few years or so unless they can tie down one of the current elite managers for a long period, which i cant see happening.

Do I think he will win anything, think he's had/got as good a chance if not better than anyone in my lifetime even if I don't agree with his decisions or game management sometimes. From where he started to where he is I've got nothing but admiration for GS.

Would I be pissed off regularly paying to watch England, yes. But I don't so personally I'm happy to let him ride out his vision of what english football should look like.
Should be replaced now. He's a shit manager and we will never win anything with him in charge.

I think of you look at the history and size/resources of the club we should be promoted or close to every year we arent in top division. Luckily for their fans Ipswich (a smaller club with less resources) didn't think the same.
History and size of a club get you no points.

We can argue all day about resources and and how they're used, but that's been done to death on here.

Anyone who thought we should have been fighting to get promoted last season is delusional imo.

We came up from League 1 via the playoffs and added nothing but unproven unexperienced youth to that squad.

sure it was said in commentary that it was his first error that had lead directly to a goal in 54 games for england or something , was only half listening so could be wrong
That prob sounds about right he’s been excellent in the main for England yet makes a mistake like any keeper can even the best and he’s Mr Calamity

It’s as if some have been waiting for him to make a mistake for England … Very sad people really

Bugs me when pundits say that Southgates time in charge has been a success.
He's won fuck all and bottled a chance to do so
Was Venables a success as England manager with a stronger team in my opinion? Did he bottle it against Germany? Why is getting to the semi's in Euro 96 seen as a cracking achievement yet picking up a team that had just been beaten off Iceland and getting to a Euro final and quarter, world cup semi and quarter seen as failure? Relative to England performances over 70 years Southgate has been a success.

History and size of a club get you no points.

We can argue all day about resources and and how they're used, but that's been done to death on here.

Anyone who thought we should have been fighting to get promoted last season is delusional imo.

We came up from League 1 via the playoffs and added nothing but unproven unexperienced youth to that squad.
History and size help to attract players. We added what we did by choice, Ipswich are showing how it should be done.

Was Venables a success as England manager with a stronger team in my opinion? Did he bottle it against Germany? Why is getting to the semi's in Euro 96 seen as a cracking achievement yet picking up a team that had just been beaten off Iceland and getting to a Euro final and quarter, world cup semi and quarter seen as failure? Relative to England performances over 70 years Southgate has been a success.
In your opinion not mine.

We beat a Germany team who failed to make it out of the group in the world cups either side of that Euro's. They were the worst they had been in decades at that point.

Ukraine and Denmark after that was about as easy as it could have possibly got after that, Italy played Belgium and Spain in those rounds :lol: . The draw fell so much in our favour it was untrue.

And those 3 teams we beat in the World Cup are teams we absolutely should be beating too.
Germany wiped the floor with a strong, much-fancied Portugal team a week earlier, they had one player in the starting line-up who hadn’t won either the WC or the CL. We easily beat the World Cup finalists in the group stages aswell, don’t even think Croatia had a shot on target.

As you’ve pointed out, Italy had a tough run to the final yet still got there, they were in the middle of a world record unbeaten run at international level, yet folk are making out they were crap!

I’m not saying it wasn’t a favourable draw but it wasn’t half as easy as some are making out.

Back