Idris Elba as the next James Bond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm coming round to this too. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be good as well, if he'd do it. But I think they'll go for a younger actor like Nicholas Hoult

Most of the DC and Marvel characters are that old, some even older

The younger end who go in droves to the Cinema complexes etc simply cannot relate to Bond, he is far too staid for their age group and it is that age group who dictate what kind of investment backers of a film will put up.

Box-Office Top 100 Films of All-Time

I think the he and the Bond concept needs totally revamping like what the BBC did with Sherlock and then he might have a chance

The younger end who go in droves to the Cinema complexes etc simply cannot relate to Bond, he is far too staid for their age group and it is that age group who dictate what kind of investment backers of a film will put up.

I think the he and the Bond concept needs totally revamping like what the BBC did with Sherlock and then he might have a chance
They need to do a one off trilogy. Like Nolan did with the dark knight. Take a concept with many iterations and tell a proper story, I was hoping that would be the case for Craig but they kindof meddled it all up.

Same here. He's a fictional character ffs :lol:

I seen someone comparing a black guy playing James Bond to Tom Hanks playing Malcom X :lol::lol:
:lol:

Tbf didn't the BBC cast a black lass as Queen Margaret in the hollow crown so there's hope for Tom yet!

Last edited:

Bond has been revamped a few times, sure that can happen again

Who cares who play's him the bond franchise has more problems than his colour...it's become bland story telling which has been overtaken by other spy films and they should have wrapped it up in the 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back