Idris Elba as the next James Bond?

I beg your pardon?

I was wrong it wasn't Lady Chatterly, it was Moll Flanders.
Damn. You beat me to it.

Idris Elba, as I say in every thread about this subject is too old, smug, been putting himself forward for this for years (yawn) and a crap actor (imo). If they want to purposely go for a black actor - Daniel Kaluuya would be a better choice.

A black James bond is just wrong. He's a white misogynistic racist so thats that.

Now if they must change his ethnicity just have bond retire and pass his 007 number onto someone else. After all he'll probably be a hundred and odd by now and deserves to put his feet up.

They could even make 007 a girl then...

A black James bond is just wrong. He's a white misogynistic racist so thats that.

Now if they must change his ethnicity just have bond retire and pass his 007 number onto someone else. After all he'll probably be a hundred and odd by now and deserves to put his feet up.

They could even make 007 a girl then...
mmmm bond girls instantly become much more interesting!!

He's 45 and the current Bond is 50yo!!! He would make a class 007 so what if he's Black... What about Robbie Williams? Tom hardy is a no from me it would take to much work to get his teeth sorted...
Bond 25 isn't out until end of 2019.
DC will have been Bond between the ages of 37/38 and 51 ish.

Elba will be 47 by the time Bond 25 is released, let alone before he would take up the mantle.
Way too old to get more than one or maybe two films out of him.

You fuckers sure do take your Bond movies serious

oh, and Chiwetel Ejiofor (black) or Michael Fassbender (white)

Bond 25 isn't out until end of 2019.
DC will have been Bond between the ages of 37/38 and 51 ish.

Elba will be 47 by the time Bond 25 is released, let alone before he would take up the mantle.
Way too old to get more than one or maybe two films out of him.
Give ower man, if you said Elba was my age now late thirties I’d say aye he was, he’d be a mint bond he’s a quality actor.

I don't care either way about a black Bond I just don't think Elba is a good enough actor to carry a franchise of films on his own. (Has Elba ever even been the main star of a film in his career?)

Then again, Daniel Craig is shite and he's had 4 films now...

I still say Henry Cavill was made for this role. He already played a super spy in The Man from U.N.C.L.E and was perfect. Why give it to anyone else if Cavill is available?

Logon or register to see this image

Back