Idris Elba as the next James Bond?

It's hard to find a British actor of colour who is the right age and looks like a secret agent type but I've managed it

OT Fagbenle - the husband off The Handmaid's Tale

Ricky Whittle - done alright since Hollyoaks

It's hard to find a British actor of colour who is the right age and looks like a secret agent type but I've managed it

What does a secret agent look like ? I guess if there was a definitive look they wouldn't be secret.

Bond is so 1960, I doubt he wont ever compete with today rise in DC comics and Marvel heros and villans amongst those who go to the cinema

I'm coming round to this too. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be good as well, if he'd do it. But I think they'll go for a younger actor like Nicholas Hoult

Bond is so 1960, I doubt he wont ever compete with today rise in DC comics and Marvel heros and villans amongst those who go to the cinema

Most of the DC and Marvel characters are that old, some even older

Last edited:
I don't care either way about a black Bond I just don't think Elba is a good enough actor to carry a franchise of films on his own. (Has Elba ever even been the main star of a film in his career?)

Then again, Daniel Craig is shite and he's had 4 films now...

I still say Henry Cavill was made for this role. He already played a super spy in The Man from U.N.C.L.E and was perfect. Why give it to anyone else if Cavill is available?

Logon or register to see this image

Great shout.

Aw ffs. Another 20 pager. Can I sum it up?

Some people will moan about political correctness

Some people will say “Why not a disabled Muslim woman Bond?”

Some people will say his skin colour doesn’t matter.

Someone will make reference to Ian Fleming.

Someone will ask how a man without Scottish and Swiss parents who went to Eton could be black.

Someone will say that Bond is timeless and must adapt, white blokes might have been inconspicuous in Russia but not the Middle East

Someone will be called a racist. Someone will be called a millennial fanny.

Two bans.

can you not just let a thread roll. total attention seeking poster.

Back