Idle British workers would rather go to the pub

Come on mate it’s 2024 not 1934 :)
Not in my world so it would seem.

Behold 2024, the year men stop at home watching the bairns / have a meaningless job answering the phone whilst the women are going out and being the bread winners.

I prefer it in 1934, with rickets and polio . Life’s much simpler.
Nope. She has done similar to those times in the past, before the kids though. Will ask for more accurate timings once I've finished in the bath and put these candles out.
I knar a lad who has bath bombs in his bath :lol:

He’ll be breaking his kneck to drop the bairn off at school when it’s old enough .

Last edited:
I don't stop home to watch the bairns. Nor do I answer phones. I'm also the bread winner :cool:

Mind I'd be delighted to stop at home and be a kept man. Not going to happen though :(

Behold 2024, the year men stop at home watching the bairns / have a meaningless job answering the phone whilst the women are going out and being the bread winners.

He’ll be breaking his kneck to drop the bairn off at school when it’s old enough .

If you travelled back to 1934 and told the fellas you weren't going out for a Sunday drink to keep ya head right they'd crucify you.

:lol: Bubbles and a glass of wine does me. Right there's away. Going to see if the wife has sorted the broken door handle I asked her to look at (she was putting a shelf up in the spare room when I got in the tub).

On reflection it is 100% but in reality it’s not quite as straight forward. Like I say every parent experiences things different and no one is in a position to say any other. All you can hope for is you do your best.

Papoose. Can’t understand how I missed that info off.
We had a sling, which is more of a rucksack type thing than a papoose, which I think is more of a wrap around. But yes.

When your kids a babies it is really hard to find that small amount of time for the simple things, so with my daughter from perhaps just two weeks old, I’d strap her in the sling early each morning and take her with me when I walked the dog. That progressed to her doing a little bit of walking and meeting various dogs. She grew up loving the outdoors, nature and dogs.

That is where your whole prejudice breaks down. You can have a meaningful job AND work from home.

Back