Idle British workers would rather go to the pub

Blokes don’t go to the pub now they want to be picking bairns up from school and petty excuses like that, but I get his point.

Look at the entitlement people now expect with “ flexible working” and WFH.

Me Fatha said to me a while ago “ now you’ve got loads of blokes working for ya are they wanting to be away to the pub all the time “

I explained that that isn’t the case now, but you do have blokes who’ll not work nor want wanting to drop bairns off at school and pick them up . He then twisted his face and said “ what the hell do they want to do that for ?”.

It’s not blokes who work for me directly, but one man bands who fit data / bathrooms/ windows and so on. They all have one thing in common though, absolutely hate work and make it as painful as possible for themselves and everyone who’s got yo work with them to get through the day .

I mean, if it’s a toss up between having a pint at the pub or being in graft… you sane person would choose graft unless your job was a professional plonkie.
What sane person would be going to the pub during the week in work hrs ?
Yeah, what we should do is just spend all of our waking hours stuck at graft, for very little money.
The Indian community which I’m heavily involved in expect hard work, dedication and integrity. Deliver what you promise to them and the rewards are great.

Piss about and not deliver and you cross them at your peril . Which is fine by me.

Keep writing the cheques and I’ll keep delivering.

In my experience they are the best people to work for

Last edited:

The Indian community which I’m heavily involved in expect hard work, dedication and integrity. Deliver what you promise to them and the rewards are great.

Piss about and not deliver and you cross them at your peril . Which is fine by me.

I'm all for working hard, infact I like to think I do give 100% to my work, but certainly not whilst being treated like a skivvy for a low salary.

From what I can gather the bloke in the link just wants to get away with paying and looking after his workers less.

Me, if I had a choice. I don’t have a choice though because I have a family to support 🤣 Instead I’m working 60hr weeks.

Back