Idle British workers would rather go to the pub

If you travelled back to 1934 and told the fellas you weren't going out for a Sunday drink to keep ya head right they'd crucify you.
And wait until they heard about the hair transplant(s).
judging by the headache o’ meter the morning after.
You get a headache after drinking Foster's???

Ffs, what are you? A wedding-ring wearing, office worker? Thought you were a blokey bloke?
I'm so pleased that we have such an esteemed combat veteran who's done so many tours to offer us such helpful advice.
My eldest lad was in a place called Babaji, in Helmand province, with the Coldstream Guards - stories he can tell that'll make your hair fall out - even the newly-transplanted stuff.

Last edited:
That’s I tough one obvs and certain families will make the choice that’s right for them.
In my world I honestly think women need to be watching bairns mate when they are very young especially ,as it’s the natural thing to do. That should be factored in before having bairns In my opinion as not everything boils down to a spreadsheet.
Cut your cloth accordingly is my view.

I’ll use my daughter as an example, she earned quite a bit more than her lado ( self employed ) but he was never going to pack in being in the army. She’s going back to work soon, but it will be for say 3 days a week. Our lass, and an auntie on the other side of the family will be helping her out with childcare. When she’s working the weekend I’ll be helping out aswell. That’s what grandparents are for in my family. Not the same for everyone I know due to age, location and so on. Mate of mine and their lass don’t have his grandbairns and adopts the attitude “ they brought them into the world”

I know in this modern day the lines are blurred and traditional family values are out the window. What’s also a problem is it’s now acceptable to be knocking bairns out in your late 30’s , and upto your mid 40’s. The grandparents are too old to be helping out with anything at that age.

This is how it roles in my family mate , bloke steps upto the plate and the women drops her hrs to work round childcare . When the bairns old enough then the ma can go back full time if she’s upto it.
There was a bloke who’s lass is a close friend of our lass who used to sit in the house all day and “ dropped the bairns off at school “ whilst their lass was working 2 jobs. The lasses Fatha whom I’m close to hates this bloke and called him “ a fuckin lazy bastard” he would let it be know his feelings aswell.

@mini-x2 and @Sneech etc will know this lad im about in the above story tbh.

Again all this is in my world and how life ticks along for everyone around me. Myself , family , friends, work mates and so on. I know I’m in a different world to everyone else on here, that’s why I like coming on to share my experiences.
Mini just telt me who you are on about

Back