Idiotic Drivers

This might be controversial but if our speed limit is 70 mph how do manufacturers get away with producing vehicles that can smash that figure ? Is it time for vehicles to have a restrictor?

I get it’s also the brutal acceleration and dickheads that cause the problems but surely it’s a step in the right direction ?

Does anyone really need to go over 70 - it’s fast enough - perhaps just emergency vehicles.

This might be controversial but if our speed limit is 70 mph how do manufacturers get away with producing vehicles that can smash that figure ? Is it time for vehicles to have a restrictor?

I get it’s also the brutal acceleration and dickheads that cause the problems but surely it’s a step in the right direction ?

Does anyone really need to go over 70 - it’s fast enough - perhaps just emergency vehicles.

Oh God !!! You'll get away with it cos Moleman has been sacked, but normally suggesting such restraint ends up with the loons commenting "I'm a safe driver I can do 85mph without any issues"

It is mental, isn't it?

My car has a restrictor. Just happens to kick in at 150mph. I haven't been anywhere near that. If I ever got 3 points for speeding I'd be in deep doo-doo with my situation so I don't speed. It really isn't difficult.

Letting people own cars that do that is the equivalent to letting Americans own assault rifles or letting chavs own XL bully’s
nonsense

Letting people own them? Aye alright comrade.

Try punishing the utter wankers like these ones, and leave the 99% of people who don't go on like that to go on with their lives in peace.

''One person caused a death by throwing a slush puppy at woman, so lets ban the slush puppy''

Punish the people who commit the crimes, not the people who don't ffs

I've said there should be undercover police cars that simply record bad driving,

We could do with it in towns too.

I'm not even convinced it's the actual standard of capability of driving, so much as the choice to ignore rules and to do stupid or selfish things/follow sociopathic tendencies. The modern driving test is much harder, especially including the theory test so that should be improving things. It's a real mish mash of drivers that's hard to predict, from fearless young people tailgating to a lot of older people who would never pass the modern test, but drive ultra carefully even if they do block overtaking and hold up traffic for miles in huge cars because they cannot change lanes correctly at the right time once they need to. Pretty much everything inbetween.

It’s a lethal cocktail of reasons. Not just the obsession with speed, power and performance. It’s a belief we are invulnerable, able to take our chances in a situation and odds are in our favour such as overtaking in a corner or at a traffic calming measure driving through even though they are the ones who have to give way. It’s a belief that once we qualify as drivers we have the freedom to form our own methods of driving and do as we please. It’s a belief that the road rules and regs don’t need to apply to them. Cars are toys for people to play in rather than get from A to B and be part of the family. It’s ridiculous. It’s selfish. It’s ignorant. It’s stupid. It’s reckless. The moment you get caught for something you ought to have your licence revoked and be made to resit lessons.

I know. As a Fiesta driver I regularly feel the full brunt of this behaviour.

What's the consensus on reporting people for jumping lights, bad driving etc, with footage off your dash cam?
Do the police accept/bother with it? Is it a pointless solo crusade? Or is Omerta the watchword?

Last edited:
One thing me dad told me when I passed me test was, you cannot account for other peoples driving.

There are too many people on the road who drive like no one else is. They’re oblivious, so they do stupid stuff like pull out when they shouldn’t, don’t indicate, drive off without looking what’s coming past them, change lanes without looking.

Symptomatic of modern day society, file it away with people who don’t say please and thank you, don’t hold a door open, use the speaker when screeching to their mates on their phones. Go outside in pyjamas, do drugs, watch itv2 etc etc.

I find regularly it's little twats in 10 year old+ Mercs, BMWs or Audis who are the worst. Thursday night I had someone trying to overtake me on a roundabout at Biddick Woods estate coming from the Washington Highway. Then hung off my back bumper and nearly wiped me out at the next roundabout.

Yesterday was waiting to turn right onto Hylton Road at the lights at the top of Pallion Road there was a car - black Audi -two places back opposite me on Kayll Road in the lane to turn right onto Hylton Road heading towards the town.

When the lights changed he accelerated into a gap on his left, forcing the cars already in that lane to brake, and shot across the junction straight ahead down towards Pallion. Luckily, no-one had started to turn right, so there was no harm done, but it could have been nasty if someone turning right from Pallion Road had seen that same gap and tried to start their manoeuvre.

Those cyclists who go about catching people on their phones do it in their spare time and they catch loads.

Imagine how many they'd catch with just a handful of officers in plain clothes on the look out 40 hours each a week :lol:
Just need to pootle along in an hgv recording people going past, probably catch one a minute passing while on the phone.
Yesterday was waiting to turn right onto Hylton Road at the lights at the top of Pallion Road there was a car - black Audi -two places back opposite me on Kayll Road in the lane to turn right onto Hylton Road heading towards the town.

When the lights changed he accelerated into a gap on his left, forcing the cars already in that lane to brake, and shot across the junction straight ahead down towards Pallion. Luckily, no-one had started to turn right, so there was no harm done, but it could have been nasty if someone turning right from Pallion Road had seen that same gap and tried to start their manoeuvre.
One came down the slip road on a19 onto a1231 pulled out to overtake me on the slip road plus a car on the inside lane and back in in front of me, gained 1 car length. Got to work about 7 seconds earlier.

Last edited:
What's the consensus on reporting people for jumping lights, bad driving etc, with footage off your dash cam?
Do the police accept/bother with it? Is it a pointless solo crusade? Or is Omerta the watchword?

No it can be submitted and usually acted upon with a nip and 172 initially and the followed up

We live on a busy road. Six houses on our block, three of which have had vehicles through their walls since we've been here - a measure of how dangerous it is. There's a busy roundabout 40 yards away, with a minisupermarket next to it. Drivers reverse on and off a small parking section, 40 foot artics pull up on the pavement to access the shop, while kids are walking past going to school. At times it is mayhem, traffic is often stopped by cars reversing onto road. It is an accident waiting to happen. 3.30pm on a Friday afternoon is bedlam, cars and people everywhere...the school run makes it even worse. Authorities don't seem to give a toss.

Last edited:

Back