Idiotic Drivers

Tragic case.

Personally, if I was able to set a punishment for this, I would sentence him to death.

Not the lethal injection, not even the chair. I would have him chained to a wall and I would crush him to death with his own white Audi.
I'd take all drivers with endorsements - including all speeding, mobile phone use, drink driving and death by dangerous driving - on a tour of the children's ward in the local hospital. Or for driving endorsements (non-convictions) there should be videos and photos of injuries shown. There may already be, I don't know? Absolute pricks some of the drivers on the roads.

When my youngest was born he caught bronchiolitis at 3 weeks old. He'd started rattling and I was absolutely shitting myself. Got him to hospital and the consultant was brilliant. She put us both at ease immediately by saying "it's the 8th case this week." Poor little fella still needed to be kept in under an oxygen box over his head to help him for 5 days from Boxing Day. His mum never left his side (apart from toilet trips). He's absolutely fine now, big strapping 12 year old.

Anyway... point is.... each time I left, to get out of the ward where he was I had to go past the beds of two other children who had spent Christmas in frames to hold their healing bones together. Both of them had been in cars driven by relatives who'd had too much to drink and were driving them home. Except the morons didn't get them home. Both had crashed and injured the children. Absolutely selfish morons. Drink driving is one of the most selfish, pre-meditated crimes going.

I'd take all drivers with endorsements - including all speeding, mobile phone use, drink driving and death by dangerous driving - on a tour of the children's ward in the local hospital. Or for driving endorsements (non-convictions) there should be videos and photos of injuries shown. There may already be, I don't know? Absolute pricks some of the drivers on the roads.

When my youngest was born he caught bronchiolitis at 3 weeks old. He'd started rattling and I was absolutely shitting myself. Got him to hospital and the consultant was brilliant. She put us both at ease immediately by saying "it's the 8th case this week." Poor little fella still needed to be kept in under an oxygen box over his head to help him for 5 days from Boxing Day. His mum never left his side (apart from toilet trips). He's absolutely fine now, big strapping 12 year old.

Anyway... point is.... each time I left, to get out of the ward where he was I had to go past the beds of two other children who had spent Christmas in frames to hold their healing bones together. Both of them had been in cars driven by relatives who'd had too much to drink and were driving them home. Except the morons didn't get them home. Both had crashed and injured the children. Absolutely selfish morons. Drink driving is one of the most selfish, pre-meditated crimes going.

Most of the selfish f***ing idiots you are on about wouldn't give a toss. There's a substantial number of the population care only about themselves.

I was overtaken by a twat on the A1m a few years back 6.30am Saturday morning....must have been doing 100+.

2mins down the road his car is on the hard shoulder with most of it scattered in a 40 yard radius. I was 2nd car to stop to offer help. He'd rammed into the back of a Megane scenic and pushed it into the trees off the side of the road. 2 adults in the front, 2 kids in the back. Thankfully someone had seen him do it. Everyone got out of the scenic but I've no idea how.

All this arsehole wanted to do was batter anyone who'd stop to help if they suggested he might want to calm down. I kept my eye on social media for it then spotted that Northumbria police were after witnesses who'd seen him driving before the crash

Apparently when the police turned up he started acting the daft lad refused breath test, then refused blood test at the station until a solicitor turned up.

He ended up in prison for a few years, dangerous driving under influence of drink and drugs.

A few year back I held the budget to address road safety issues up here. It was essentially do the fatal investigation and then see if there was anything could of prevented it or alternatively if there were locations were a cluster of accidents had occured, look at the causes and see what could be done. I would say a good 5-10 years ago now that money couldnt really be spent as most of the accidents were just shit driving, either pissed up or driving like a loon or just a complete accident. The safety standards and subsequent audits nowadays means there is very little in way of improvements that can be done. As has been mentioned, deterrents are practically non existant and the driving standards of people have decreased so much. So many people are always in a hurry, nobody wants to give anyone else on the road a bit time, they constantly on their bumper and being as aggressive and as impatient as possible.

Most of the selfish f***ing idiots you are on about wouldn't give a toss. There's a substantial number of the population care only about themselves.

I was overtaken by a twat on the A1m a few years back 6.30am Saturday morning....must have been doing 100+.

2mins down the road his car is on the hard shoulder with most of it scattered in a 40 yard radius. I was 2nd car to stop to offer help. He'd rammed into the back of a Megane scenic and pushed it into the trees off the side of the road. 2 adults in the front, 2 kids in the back. Thankfully someone had seen him do it. Everyone got out of the scenic but I've no idea how.

All this arsehole wanted to do was batter anyone who'd stop to help if they suggested he might want to calm down. I kept my eye on social media for it then spotted that Northumbria police were after witnesses who'd seen him driving before the crash

Apparently when the police turned up he started acting the daft lad refused breath test, then refused blood test at the station until a solicitor turned up.

He ended up in prison for a few years, dangerous driving under influence of drink and drugs.
Glad to hear nobody was injured or killed. I agree, the most selfish idiots don't care about anybody but themselves. Prison is the best place for them for everybody else's safety.
However, I still think there are a good few who could be educated. Every driver should watch the mini series Time with Stephen Graham and Sean Bean for example. It's eye-opening to say the least. It was on iPlayer. Not sure if it still is.

see shit like this on certain parts of the north circ/a12/13, weaving in and out of traffic at high speed and nearly causing accidents. it's the same areas consistently.

i agree with the op that the standards of driving have dropped severely in the past 10 years, but i don't think it's to do with the test; there are far more uninsured/unlicenced drivers on the road IMO.

my major concern is the massive increase in high performance vehicles on the roads and the ilk who drive them. mostly automatics too. piece of piss to go get one and drive around. only time i see people pulled over is on the motorway.

there are far more uninsured/unlicenced drivers on the road IMO.
^This, and far more driving while off their t!ts on coke and waccy baccy.

Where we take our dog for a walk, there's always cars parked up, full of hooded grunts, with, shall we say, smoke of the fragrant variety emanating from the windows.

Those same cars will be driven around the streets for hours afterwards by drivers who probably couldn't tell you what part of the country they are in without referring to their phones.

It’s almost like the authorities don’t want to sort stuff out.

If a copper cost a grand a week, how many on the spot fines and convictions could he average, I’d hazard a guess well more than a grands worth a week. It would be self funding to have hoards of them. Or to be even more of a killjoy, make most of the road network covered with average speed cameras.
Not sure average speed cameras would solve the problem. While speeding is a problem, it's people not concentrating on driving or not caring about it that causes accidents in the main.

Average speed cameras would lead to people staring at their speedos all the time trying rather than paying attention to the road. They shouldn't do, but when looking at the general standards of driving these days, you just know that would become the focus.

I think it's just not as simple as there being a singular cause like speeding or single solution to the problem, but I think it would help if there was a genuine deterrent for people multitasking behind the wheel. So many people have dash cams, and with cyclists also spotting people on their phones or whatever, there could be an incentive for reporting it. The chances of being caught would certainly be higher than hey are with the police at the moment.

No tax or no insurance = crush the car. Then take them to court.
I'd prefer if we left the owners, their hangers on and their families in the car if it's going to be crushed

Then you get absolute C U NTS like this being made famous on TikTok and making money from it.

I hate this world me. Full of selfish pricks who only care about themselves.
Said that for a while now. I'm 55 this week, I'd happily retire in 6 or 7 years to somewhere rural with a pub (no recorded music, no bandit, no pool table), a paper shop and a cricket team.

Give me live music, conversation, cricket and a crossword (or a book to read).

I'll be a recluse by the time I'm 70 if things keep going the same way.

Last edited:
Sad to see it’s in Birmingham.

There was a terrible crash there a few years ago. Think it’s pretty much the worst in the UK outside of those on the motorway.

6 killed. Eerie parallels as again it was a driver high on drugs, doing over 100 in a built up city street. Also in an Audi.

I'd prefer if we left the owners, their hangers on and their families in the car if it's going to be crushed

Said that for a while now. I'm 55 this week, I'd happily retire in 6 or 7 years to somewhere rural with a pub (no recorded music, no bandit, no pool table), a paper shop and a cricket team.

Give me live music, conversation, cricket and a crossword (or a book to read).

I'll be a recluse by the time I'm 70 if things keep going the same way.
Think there’s a canny few owldies feel the same ….the borders or North Northumberland arnt that bad ! Quiet is what most people want marra
Why don’t they bring in driving tests every 5 years or even 10 ..
To pass one like me 40 plus years ago then never have to sit one again is crazy … would keep driving standards up -employ more people to sit tests -keep us up to date on highway code changes and money earned through testing could be put into Policing and road safety ?
Win win all round surely ?
This crash is yet another sad loss .

Think there’s a canny few owldies feel the same ….the borders or North Northumberland arnt that bad ! Quiet is what most people want marra
Why don’t they bring in driving tests every 5 years or even 10 ..
To pass one like me 40 plus years ago then never have to sit one again is crazy … would keep driving standards up -employ more people to sit tests -keep us up to date on highway code changes and money earned through testing could be put into Policing and road safety ?
Win win all round surely ?
This crash is yet another sad loss .

It’s noticeable how far back driving standards have gone since the pandemic, it was like the Wild West on the roads during that time.

A 30mph road near me had a car clocked doing 88mph during one of the first lockdowns.

Back