Ice hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to a few WHL games here but got a mate over and off to Vancouver in January so we will be off to see the Canucks.
They arent pulling up any trees so not too optimistic about winning!
I’ll be there from Feb 11th, I may well be up for a Canucks game myself.

Has this just happened ??
As a Whitley supporter, he was public enemy number 1 but he put together an incredible team that i can only admit to appreciating years later.
I remember the game (presumably against Whitley) where, as manager, he took a reet strop, threw all the spare sticks in the ice and had to be dragged away from swinging for the ref. Passion and brilliant entertainment!
RIP Paul Smith.
Yes mate, that's today's Northern Echo web page.

Last edited:
Durham Wasps.

“ From 1982-1992, the Wasps were the dominant force in British ice hockey.
Five league championships, four British Championships, four Autumn Cups (the annual season-opening cup) seven Castle Eden Cups (a competition between the major teams in the North East) and a ferocious crowd quickly cemented the Wasps’ position as one of the best-known names in British ice hockey.”

“Ferocious Crowd,” both the fans and the team were downright Ferocious.:evil:
Nobody could live with them at the time.
They had quite a few imports, mostly Canadians, but only the hardest and the toughest made the grade,
the rest were soon sent packing.
@gretzky ’s brother played for Durham wasps.

Used to watch the highlights on a weekend of Durham Wasps, now a fully fledged Vegas Golden Knights fan, fully enjoyed going to a few games and this city was insane during the Stanley Cup games!

Spent some time skiving work yesterday watching this:

Loved ice hockey as a kid - was a canny skater and used to go down to sunderland ice rink and tried to play the game - was shite at it!!

Had a season ticket at Durham for years until we moved to Scotland. Sunday nights were brilliant. And that team with the Coopers, Rick Brebant & Mike Blaisdell was immense. And the rink used to erupt when the younguns came on.
I remember when we got two Canadians in - a forward called Robert Forbes and a Defenceman called Brad Beck. Forbes was like a smiling viper but Beck was one of the hardest fuckas I have ever seen, nobody ever got the better of him in a scrap , he was tremendous :lol:

Been to see San Jose Sharks, Colorado Avalanche, and LA Kings. Colorado game had everything: a fight, a wedding proposal, and a last second goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back