Ice hockey world championships

That Jack Hughes is number one in the draft but i'd be amazed if Kakko doesn't get picked up at number 2.
(Please miraculously last until eighth pick and come to Edmonton!)

Blackhawks will snap him up if he falls to 3.

Devils social media has been great through the world champs with Hughes and Kakko Twitter

Not gonna lie. After having the Sweden - Finland game more or less written up with two minutes to play, I'm quite proud that (a) I got the recap ready to publish before the anthem was finished and (b) I came up with my cheesiest headline of the tournament so far.

I don't want to hear anything about typos. That's the editor's job! IIHF - Cometh the hour, cometh the Manninen

As for Hughes vs Kakko, it's worth noting that Kakko has a much bigger role for Finland than Hughes did for the USA. Hughes was there for the experience and to hopefully add some depth to the roster; Kakko has been a top six forward throughout. Also, when you get close to them, Kakko looks like a man already, Hughes looks like a teenager. When he bulks up a bit he'll be much more effective in the men's game. Both are likely to be big players, though - lots of talent there.

Now, after two bouts of overtime in Kosice, I'm cracking open a beer and having a rest. Back to Bratislava tomorrow.

That Jack Hughes is number one in the draft but i'd be amazed if Kakko doesn't get picked up at number 2.
Nor. Well aye, probably, but there's no guarantee he'll go first.

As for Hughes vs Kakko, it's worth noting that Kakko has a much bigger role for Finland than Hughes did for the USA. Hughes was there for the experience and to hopefully add some depth to the roster; Kakko has been a top six forward throughout. Also, when you get close to them, Kakko looks like a man already, Hughes looks like a teenager. When he bulks up a bit he'll be much more effective in the men's game. Both are likely to be big players, though - lots of talent there.
If he bulks up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's just interesting is all, Kaapos put a very good case forward, looking forward to seeing what happens.

I just hope that Vancouver don't trade f***ing everything to get Jack with hopes they'll have the new Sedins.

Really hope the Finns can go on and win it now, especially considering their Head Coach learnt everything he knows whilst here in the North East ;)

Really hope the Finns can go on and win it now, especially considering their Head Coach learnt everything he knows whilst here in the North East ;)

Jukka Jalonen :cool:

Finland 1-0 Russia :cool:

Been a mint tournament this, Canada v Czech Republic tonight to see who faces the Finns!

Back