Ice hockey world championships

I doubt any of the big name players will be released for either of these countries for this tournament? I know Finland just bested Canada 3-1 yesterday.
Don't see why not. Play offs are in their latter stages now. The majority won't be involved. Still a strange time have tournament mind.

The Northern Europe/Scandinavia lot have some decent teams, Russia isn’t bad either
The swedes and lately the Swiss have been very good

Don't see why not. Play offs are in their latter stages now. The majority won't be involved. Still a strange time have tournament mind.

The swedes and lately the Swiss have been very good
They don't even release players for the Olympics. NHL stars are worth too much contractually to release for minor tournaments.

Depends on the players, Kane has gone for team USA from the blackhawks along with DeBrincat.

If a team doesn't make Stanley cup playoffs or gets knocked out in the first round it's not surprising to see star players go. Ovi is playing for Russia too

Depends on the players, Kane has gone for team USA from the blackhawks along with DeBrincat.

If a team doesn't make Stanley cup playoffs or gets knocked out in the first round it's not surprising to see star players go. Ovi is playing for Russia too
This guy is incredible.

I would have expected a lot more great players taking part because of who’s left in the playoffs

Bit of a reality check for GB today. Yikes.

Ouch. 6 down against one of the two teams in the group you'd maybe give them a chace against.

The other group's already had a few thumpings in it. Italy have conceded 17 in their two games and Norway, who're ranked 9th so theoretically should be looking at a quarter final place, have conceded 21 across 3 games.

Team GB are in the top division for the first time in 25 years.

Probably going to lose heavily in every game but currently holding out against Germany.

It's on freesports all week, nice filler before the lads game tonight and Thursday
Excuse my ignorance, but what channel is Freesports on, on a Sky Box? Can I fuck find it?

Ouch. 6 down against one of the two teams in the group you'd maybe give them a chace against.

The other group's already had a few thumpings in it. Italy have conceded 17 in their two games and Norway, who're ranked 9th so theoretically should be looking at a quarter final place, have conceded 21 across 3 games.
I didn't realise Lee Camp plays ice hockey for Norway

Absolutely brilliant first period from GB. Feared another collapse after USA finally got a PP goal.

We've been right in their faces, 1-1 after the first period is like being in dreamworld. :D

Back