Ian Harte 💩 stirring again

It's a stupid, unprofessional thing to do, but that is Ian Harte in a nutshell. However it might actually work in our favour if it triggers a bidding war for him. I also suspect Lazio won't go away, regardless if we go up or not.

Yep. He's gonna boogie out in the summer. Harte is putting all clubs on alert to it that's all. He's doing his job, just like estate agents who are generally absolute ass hats. Ideal world, there's a little bidding war and we maximise the money we get for Clarke. I'll be sad to see him go, but completely understand him wanting to maximise his potential in an ambitious Club, same as Rigg. He'll be off too. There's not a sniff of ambition at Sunlun ATM. We'll consolidate a 12th place finish after finishing 6th the season before.

In your opinion, how do we show this ambition? Would you have gone for Moore for example and paid him 30k a week till the end of the season?

I agree with some stuff the club is doing, the Moore example being 1 of them but I think overall the "model" is too inflexible. We don't need to maximize sell on amounts for every player we sign. If, for example, we sign an experienced DM for 500k to a couple of million and they us get out of this league it's job done and money well spent. I'm even ok with us spending relatively small amounts of money, it's how we spend it that needs tweaking

It takes the piss that the one time we've done this since we got back to the Championship was for Dack, a player who we did not need at all and had barely played the season before

I expect Clarke to go and wish him well.

But I hope Harte steps on a plug,shits a pineapple,has a bad dose drippy dick, his wife leaves him for the window cleaner and he's declared bankrupt

..but you said why sign Shankland if he's played in Scotland all his career...just like Stewart had. Make your mind up. Rangers will probably sign him in the summer they reckon. Why couldn't we sign, just because he didn't go to Rangers in January means we can't sign him? Strange way of looking at things.
You can’t compared signing Stewart to Shankland at all. Stewart was 4 years younger than Shankland is now and also cost a 10% of the fee they want for Shankland.

To get the same ROI on Shankland that we got for Stewart we’d need to sell him for over £80 million.

Granted you can’t expect to make profits on every player but if you are going to lose money on someone they need to come into the starting 11 and immediately improve it. With our current squad and the way we are currently set up do you really think shankland does that?

Having seen how easily trippier dealt with Jack a few weeks back, I'm not entirely convinced he will be a big hit in the PL.
In addition, if the scouts were watching us play Huddersfield the other night, there's little danger of a big PL move for Clarke. If we aren't careful, we may end up regretting not taking one of the offers we've had in the last two windows. I'd like to see some evidence of Clarke doing really well against a good Championship right back, let alone an average PL one.

You can’t compared signing Stewart to Shankland at all. Stewart was 4 years younger than Shankland is now and also cost a 10% of the fee they want for Shankland.

To get the same ROI on Shankland that we got for Stewart we’d need to sell him for over £80 million.

Granted you can’t expect to make profits on every player but if you are going to lose money on someone they need to come into the starting 11 and immediately improve it. With our current squad and the way we are currently set up do you really think shankland does that?
Are you seriously saying Shankland wouldn't immediately improve us? I give up mate🙈 you're obsessed about the model mate. You said there is hardly anyone out there in the whole wide world to sign realistically..i gave you Shankland within a minute..now you have changed the goalposts into selling for profit etc..that's not what you asked me.

It's a stupid, unprofessional thing to do, but that is Ian Harte in a nutshell. However it might actually work in our favour if it triggers a bidding war for him. I also suspect Lazio won't go away, regardless if we go up or not.
its not unprofessional..he is signalling that his firms client is for sale and trying to instigate a bidding war.
The media need to be careful about describing harte as Clarke's agent though...Ian Harte is not a licensed agent.

Clarke will be a massive loss
However the list of players that people seem to know will also be gone in the summer and the “enjoy him while we can “ -statements around them is in stark contrast to the “ meltdown “ when we lose a game and how we should cash in now if anyone offered this or that.as they arnt as good as we all think -Funny old game football and results !!
As for Harte -I hope his comments don’t negatively impact Clarkeys performances ( if they both have an idea where he’s off to ?) as we do still have an outside chance of play offs -albeit a very small one and he is crucial to us in the run in

In your opinion, how do we show this ambition? Would you have gone for Moore for example and paid him 30k a week till the end of the season?

I agree with some stuff the club is doing, the Moore example being 1 of them but I think overall the "model" is too inflexible. We don't need to maximize sell on amounts for every player we sign. If, for example, we sign an experienced DM for 500k to a couple of million and they us get out of this league it's job done and money well spent. I'm even ok with us spending relatively small amounts of money, it's how we spend it that needs tweaking

It takes the piss that the one time we've done this since we got back to the Championship was for Dack, a player who we did not need at all and had barely played the season before

Moore said he openly wanted to go to Ipswich. He is quality and would have made a difference massively to us, but he didn't want to come so fairdinkum.

Personally, I'd have not bought Hemir or Rusyn. I think we paid 2.5 mill for Rusyn- Hamidi at MK Don's cost Ipswich 1.5 mill, less of a risk and no language barrier etc. I see the Hemir signing as pointless, as we never play him, instead opt to play Burstow who is a waste of a shirt. CDM wise M'Vila practically begged to come back- could have potentially had a wise/experienced head around Neil and kicked Ekwah up the arse til the end of the season- but didn't, no idea why. We need a mix of youth and experience, kids can't do it every week. Bellingham is burnt out, over played, so M'Vila would have been an option, which would have allowed Neil further up the pitch to create. With regard to a Stewart replacement, I'd have tried dipping into Scotland again and gone for Shankland, the lad looks very good and strong.

The signings in the last 12 months have been appalling, don't get me started on Dack.

Moore said he openly wanted to go to Ipswich. He is quality and would have made a difference massively to us, but he didn't want to come so fairdinkum.

Personally, I'd have not bought Hemir or Rusyn. I think we paid 2.5 mill for Rusyn- Hamidi at MK Don's cost Ipswich 1.5 mill, less of a risk and no language barrier etc. I see the Hemir signing as pointless, as we never play him, instead opt to play Burstow who is a waste of a shirt. CDM wise M'Vila practically begged to come back- could have potentially had a wise/experienced head around Neil and kicked Ekwah up the arse til the end of the season- but didn't, no idea why. We need a mix of youth and experience, kids can't do it every week. Bellingham is burnt out, over played, so M'Vila would have been an option, which would have allowed Neil further up the pitch to create. With regard to a Stewart replacement, I'd have tried dipping into Scotland again and gone for Shankland, the lad looks very good and strong.

The signings in the last 12 months have been appalling, don't get me started on Dack.
if hemir was signed to paly this season it was stupid-but not pointless..as he can improve and get better next season..

its not unprofessional..he is signalling that his firms client is for sale and trying to instigate a bidding war.
The media need to be careful about describing harte as Clarke's agent though...Ian Harte is not a licensed agent.
On a William Hill podcast and that’s professional bet all the top clubs in Europe listen to that.

why the fuck would man utd sell amad for as little as 17 million-he is around their first team and they paid more than that for him..
He's only played 37 minutes in one match this season. Couldn't even get a sub appearance against Newport. Or play the last 5 minutes against West Ham when 3-0 up. They paid £18m for him and he has just over a year left on his contract.
Man Utd don't seem to have any intention of playing him.

He's only played 37 minutes in one match this season. Couldn't even get a sub appearance against Newport. Or play the last 5 minutes against West Ham when 3-0 up. They paid £18m for him and he has just over a year left on his contract.
Man Utd don't seem to have any intention of playing him.
he was injured for a huge chunk of this season..he is on their becnh in proper games..

Back