I would never pay more than....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pay what I can afford but wont be ripped off for the sake of showing off

Decent shoes and stuff I try and spend under £100 but have spent far more

Beer I've been strung for 7-8 quid pints a few times over the years... they tend to only get one drink out of me unless I'm on holiday then just crack on,.

My mate went to a posh restaurant the other day and paid £650 for 4 people. I don't care if Gordon Ramsey himself was serving, I simply wouldn't pay that for food.

you can do that on drinks if you really want.

easy to do.. £75 pp tasting menu does your £300 to start then aperatifs at £30, wines with the meal £100 say fro 2 bottles at £50 a time and then port and brandy to finicsh and coffees sticking another £40 on the bill and then your 15% tip

that's without going mental.. admittedly it is priocey but occasional treats

So you'd rather stay in a £50 travelodge than pay £20 taxi?
It's the distance and time too. I'd rather make a night of things if I'm that far away from home. Reckon £15pp for 4 of us would see us back from Newcastle, although it's that long since I've done it I dinnar.

It's all subjective depending on the situation.

I'd spend around £50 on work shoes, but would spend around £100 on running shoes.

I tend to stop in Premier Inn type hotels and eat in Wagamama/Chiquito type places when I'm with the bairns. If I was planning on seducing @chunkylover53 I'd buy him a decent steak and a bottle of Merlot somewhere posh.
Exactly. I'm perfectly happy to pay for a budget hotel one day, then a 5* resort another. Same as I'm happy to buy a £10pp meal, or a £50pp meal.

My focus is on getting value for what I spend.

My mate went to a posh restaurant the other day and paid £650 for 4 people. I don't care if Gordon Ramsey himself was serving, I simply wouldn't pay that for food.

Where?
I agree but that's purely on budget,if he earns well its not a lot.I like quite plain food.My brother is retired and isn't skint.The Xmas bait was £45 a head

Port of Call. Pint of Gamma Ray.

It was served in a bog standard glass anarl!

Fortunately the barmaid warned me when I asked for one. Planning on a few in there so just got a John Smiths instead for £2.60. If I’d only been having the one I might have paid……Nee way would I have spent £22 on 4 pints pre match.

Now, more to the point, was it any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back