I was there

Was there too.
Such euphoria when we scored

Absolutely fantastic, on the pitch like everyone else.

Bloke was walking past us saying Stoke had won.
Didn't believe him.
One of many many lows following the lads, when that bloke on the mike announced Stoke had won, I think 1-0 at Notts County, with an 88th minute goal.

I was only 16, so put a bit of the pitch in my pocket and put it in a plant pot at home! FFS

Was a bit narked on the bus home, when the reporter at Notts County went on about how wonderful the 3,000 or so Stoke fans were (who must have travelled all of 50 miles or so).

I was living in Nottingham at the time and travelled over from there. Had to come back opposite all the stoke fans returning from Notts County. Eventful day and typical of following Sunderland
Exactly this. I was driving back to Nottingham too, and the route took me through Stoke. It was very painful watching all their smiley faces go the other way.

Was there too.
Such euphoria when we scored

Absolutely fantastic, on the pitch like everyone else.

Bloke was walking past us saying Stoke had won.
Didn't believe him.
One of many many lows following the lads, when that bloke on the mike announced Stoke had won, I think 1-0 at Notts County, with an 88th minute goal.

I was only 16, so put a bit of the pitch in my pocket and put it in a plant pot at home! FFS

Was a bit narked on the bus home, when the reporter at Notts County went on about how wonderful the 3,000 or so Stoke fans were (who must have travelled all of 50 miles or so).
Same age as I was back then, 16.
I weigh around the same as I did back then, and I've got a bit less hair these days (through choice I must add, in case any of the ladies are looking in on here) :lol:

My signature on here is from the commentary after we got our 2nd goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol::lol:
Still got me Kevin Arnott, Gary Rowell and Shaun Elliott badges that I pinned on to me scarf that was tied round me wrist.
Those were the days :lol:

God I miss away games :)
They were magical, Janey. I don't know if it was the youth thing and everything being rose tinted or just some of the dross that has been churned out it recent years;)

Yes, I was there. Great to see it back and to see the size of the away support. Maybe McLaughlin should watch it and see what a quick accurate throw out can result in, rather than his tippy tap dance that he does, pretending he is going to throw it out quick but hardly ever does.

Down the side with the cameras. Still stunned by it all to this day. When Wilfie scored it just seemed to be our day and then along came Jimmy Hill to manipulate the Stoke result.

Back