I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally use one-shot to clear blocked plug-holes,works like a charm,dont splash any on yourself,it will scar you.

The drain isn't blocked.
It’s a pivot waste, so just spins 90 degrees to open and close...or did you mean the grime? 😂

As for the waste, if the pivot pin is fucked
Just change out the waste, a click clack is about a tenner.

If it’s just blocked with shit, something like a bottle of knockout from a plumbers wholesalers to clear it

What's Knockout?

Last edited:

Last edited:
Our sink had the same problem, had to dismantle the whole plug assembly from underneath. Fortunately my wife is handy with a spanner, she recently replaced a dripping tap too. Thankfully I'm a handy cook.

Anyone know how to free a blocked plughole in a sink? It's the stopper is actually actually blocked. It's one of those ones that rotates on an axis of some sort. I gave it a few wallop of a pliers earlier to try to free it up, but no joy. The liquid is WD40, but it doesn't seem to be getting through.

Help me. Please help me.

Logon or register to see this image
This happens with our sink sometimes.

Dry it up with tissue then give it a good clean with a bit of liquid soap on some tissue and clean off with wet tissue. Then wipe it a few times with some alcohol on a tissue. Then stick some gaffer tape on and pull gently.

If that doesn't work then try squashing a big blog of warm blu tack on it and try with that.

If that doesn't work then call a plumber and drink the rest of the alcohol whilst you are waiting for him to arrive!

Anyone know how to free a blocked plughole in a sink? It's the stopper is actually actually blocked. It's one of those ones that rotates on an axis of some sort. I gave it a few wallop of a pliers earlier to try to free it up, but no joy. The liquid is WD40, but it doesn't seem to be getting through.

Help me. Please help me.

Logon or register to see this image
:lol:

One Shot, water the fucker down as it is 98% sulphuric acid

:lol:

One Shot, water the fucker down as it is 98% sulphuric acid

Jesus Christ. Have you bothered to read the thread? 🤦‍♂️
There's a few videos like this on YouTube:

Different sort of stopper.
This happens with our sink sometimes.

Dry it up with tissue then give it a good clean with a bit of liquid soap on some tissue and clean off with wet tissue. Then wipe it a few times with some alcohol on a tissue. Then stick some gaffer tape on and pull gently.

If that doesn't work then try squashing a big blog of warm blu tack on it and try with that.

If that doesn't work then call a plumber and drink the rest of the alcohol whilst you are waiting for him to arrive!

Any easier solution?

Last edited:
Had not seen the reference to One Shot, Fred. However, as your reply was a diva strop. All the best mate 👍 Google plumber👍

There's nobody having a diva strop. One Shot is a drain unblocker. Unless we're both looking up different products. Nowhere in the thread, did I say the drain is blocked. In fact, I specifically said that the drain isn't blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back