I need help.

I still don't understand the original picture. What is the white 'stuff' on the right hand side. Is that part of the problem. Is this thread sexual somehow

Just undo the big nut holding it on from below and take it off.

Buy a new one for a few quid, clean up the sink and fit it.

I had a similar issue with mine once minus the manky sink part. The answer lies in this thread and partly in the op.
Dry it out and clean it up so you can see what you are working with and try and work out exactly where it is sticking. Apply some more WD40 and leave it for a couple of minutes. Place a face cloth or something similar over it so you don't damage the plug and use a hammer with an implement of some kind (ideally with a rubber end) and give it a few gentle to healthy whacks at the side lowest down until you free it. If that doesn't work, start whacking the other side.
Last option is to unscrew everything but you'll still have to dislodge whatever it is stuck on.

I had a similar issue with mine once minus the manky sink part. The answer lies in this thread and partly in the op.
Dry it out and clean it up so you can see what you are working with and try and work out exactly where it is sticking. Apply some more WD40 and leave it for a couple of minutes. Place a face cloth or something similar over it so you don't damage the plug and use a hammer with an implement of some kind (ideally with a rubber end) and give it a few gentle to healthy whacks at the side lowest down until you free it. If that doesn't work, start whacking the other side.
Last option is to unscrew everything but you'll still have to dislodge whatever it is stuck on.

I gave both the side that's sticking up & the other side a few whacks earlier. It's not budging. There's already WD40 on it. There's absolutely nothing getting through.

I'm having to brush the kids' teeth in the kitchen sink now. 🤦‍♂️
Is it rubber what's blocking?

If so try get a few needles and stab them into it to try pop it out if dont want to take bottom off.

No rubber from what I can tell.

I gave both the side that's sticking up & the other side a few whacks earlier. It's not budging. There's already WD40 on it. There's absolutely nothing getting through.

I'm having to brush the kids' teeth in the kitchen sink now. 🤦‍♂️

No rubber from what I can tell.

Only solution is an air bomb down the pipe then blow it out with force

Maybe I'm being thick, but to clarify, is it a plug that rotates on the horizontal axis, or a pop up plug that's stuck down?

If it's a pop-up then i had that recently and I dried the plug then used a small suction cup to pull it upwards and out. The sort of suction cup you get on car sunscreen/shades for kids.

Last edited:

Back