I need help.

Maybe I'm being thick, but to clarify, is it a plug that rotates on the horizontal axis, or a pop up plug that's stuck down?

If it's a pop-up then i had that recently and I dried the plug then used a small suction cup to pull it upwards and out. The sort of suction cup you get on car sunscreen/shades for kids.

OK, fair enough, maybe I haven't explained it properly if anyone can't seem to work it out.

It rotates in the plughole. It spins around. It doesn't pop up. Maybe this is something that the SMB can't solve? It's probably something simple, I just don't want to do any unnecessary damage.

OK, fair enough, maybe I haven't explained it properly if anyone can't seem to work it out.

It rotates in the plughole. It spins around. It doesn't pop up. Maybe this is something that the SMB can't solve? It's probably something simple, I just don't want to do any unnecessary damage.
has your husband had a look at it yet?

Are you actually being serious?
Aye,you're explanation is as clear as your plug.You say its blocked in your first post but then you say it isn't blocked later ? the plug looks half open ? is it ? is it stuck half open ? if it is why isn't it draining if it isn't "blocked" ,or is it draining fine but you've no way of filling sink cos its stuck open !?

Drill the f*ckr out and replace or SEMTEX .:evil:

Boiling watta this lad reckons mate.
He says keep it clean after.

I gave both the side that's sticking up & the other side a few whacks earlier. It's not budging. There's already WD40 on it. There's absolutely nothing getting through.

I'm having to brush the kids' teeth in the kitchen sink now. 🤦‍♂️

No rubber from what I can tell.
mate just change it. They cost less than a tenner, it’s not a big job.
sorry to hear your children have false teeth. Fucken NHS dentists.

Aye,you're explanation is as clear as your plug.You say its blocked in your first post but then you say it isn't blocked later ? the plug looks half open ? is it ? is it stuck half open ? if it is why isn't it draining if it isn't "blocked" ,or is it draining fine but you've no way of filling sink cos its stuck open !?

I said the sink is blocked in the first post. I never said it wasn't blocked later. I said the drain isn't blocked.
Boiling watta this lad reckons mate.
He says keep it clean after.

I'll give it a go later. Thanks.

I have to laugh at all the people saying that the sink is dirty. They'll be saying they clean skidmarks off the toilet bowl if the flusher doesn't do it, next. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I said the sink is blocked in the first post. I never said it wasn't blocked later. I said the drain isn't blocked.

I'll give it a go later. Thanks.

I have to laugh at all the people saying that the sink is dirty. They'll be saying they clean skidmarks off the toilet bowl if the flusher doesn't do it, next. :rolleyes:
Like I say clear as mud,early on someone said use this to unblock the sink and you said the drain isn't blocked ,there's a drain as in under the street and a drain as in everything from that plug downwards .

I think the OP is like one of them people who have TV cameras in their house but make no attempt at even a basic tidy up first and there's shite lying all over.

If my basin looked like that, I would have at least gave it a clean before taking a photo and putting it on here ffs!

I think the OP is like one of them people who have TV cameras in their house but make no attempt at even a basic tidy up first and there's shite lying all over.

If my basin looked like that, I would have at least gave it a clean before taking a photo and putting it on here ffs!

Too right he should have known if he posted a dirty sink on the SMB ya being called a tramp :lol:

Wouldn't wana wash face in that sink lol
Like I say clear as mud,early on someone said use this to unblock the sink and you said the drain isn't blocked ,there's a drain as in under the street and a drain as in everything from that plug downwards .

It's an easy fix bet could be done in 10 mins tops

Last edited by a moderator:

Back