I got mugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very sorry to hear it and like everyone here very glad that you are unhurt. You did the right thing handing over what they wanted its not worth the risk of serious injury or worse and at the end of the day they are only "things". You have a right to feel very angry about it and I guess it will be a little while before that feeling goes.

I'm not angry, its weird (loads of people have said I'm far too calm about the whole thing), I'm just kind of glum. I liked my phone and I can't really afford a new one and it's making my life very difficult not to have one :lol: Also hate how it's put a dampener on probably one of the best nights of my life.

I'm not angry, its weird (loads of people have said I'm far too calm about the whole thing), I'm just kind of glum. I liked my phone and I can't really afford a new one and it's making my life very difficult not to have one :lol: Also hate how it's put a dampener on probably one of the best nights of my life.

At least you didnt get chivved

Aye, look on the brightside, you could now be in hospital fighting for your life with your crap phone in the bedside cabinet.

I think were the OP went wrong was asking for directions, do that and you're showing your hand, especially if you have an accent that suggest you aren't local. Always best to walk with purpose, don't act sheepishly, and don't let the opposition see you crossing the road to avoid them , significantly improves your chances in my experience. Walking around with expensive phone out, or looking at a map or asking for directions is a recipe for disaster.

Apologies in advance.

Logon or register to see this image

You did the right think mate (Softy Walter is now a major player on the Brexit stage)

Does make you wonder, when you are pissed in a strange place and wandering the streets looking for your hotel. I like to think I can handle myself, but to a couple of young opportunists with knives, I would just be an old man to them. I have been lucky so far, due to a recent upturn in my finances I have been getting taxis to hotels of late, but rue the day when I haven't the cash and have to start walking aimlessly trying to find them, again. I was in Salford a couple of months ago, and when I left the hotel in the morning, I realised I was in the middle of nowhere, about 2 miles from Manchester Victoria, there was no one walking the streets at 9 in the morning, so fook knows what it was like at night. No one around at night these days makes things more dangerous IMO, no old gadgies coming or going from the club etc, who might of stepped in and saved your bacon. Of course empty streets can mean safety, but if you do meet someone or worse still a group, theres a good chance they'll be wrang uns.

I was rubbing shoulders with toffs in that Chiswick, watching my lad row in the Head of the River Race. Most people seemed to be called Jasper or Bunty & that and it wasn't at all stabby. The only time I got mugged was when I ordered a couple of pints & a ploughmans.

Is it still like that? remember going for a drink with a mate in Richmond one gorgeous summers day in the mid 90s. It was the first and only time I've actually felt out of place in my own country, full of white upper class oiks with golf balls in their mouths accents, never felt so pleased to hear an Australian voice ( a barman in one of the pubs ) Talk about haves and have nots, tale of two cities, hard to believe placeslike Hackney and Stoke Newington only 10 miles away

Last edited:
The amount of visibly mentally ill people in London is staggering, doesnt matter where you go in the City. Clearly lots of the stabbings are young uns and are gang related but there are also plenty related to mental illness.....They guy at Leytonstone tube (my old stomping ground) who started stabbing people up the other year was mad as a hatter.

The amount of visibly mentally ill people in London is staggering, doesnt matter where you go in the City. Clearly lots of the stabbings are young uns and are gang related but there are also plenty related to mental illness.....They guy at Leytonstone tube (my old stomping ground) who started stabbing people up the other year was mad as a hatter.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
This.

Reporting it could prevent from them doing it, or much worse, to someone else.
Or at the very least could provide crime figures to show that the police need more staffing and for the shitty f***ing government to fund them.

Fuck me. Me and my son staggered out of O'Neill's about 11PM last night. Straight into taxi like and whisked away to Farrington Travelodge.
I got mugged inside ONeills that night - for a pint of Peroni off that greedminds:cool:. Sorry not detracting from the seriousness of this. I headed back over Waterloo way for me train back to the burbs where I live. It felt a bit weird out and about. I normally don't do Sunday nights out up in town so maybe it's always like that. Seemed more than the fair share of weirdos knocking about.

I think were the OP went wrong was asking for directions, do that and you're showing your hand, especially if you have an accent that suggest you aren't local. Always best to walk with purpose, don't act sheepishly, and don't let the opposition see you crossing the road to avoid them , significantly improves your chances in my experience. Walking around with expensive phone out, or looking at a map or asking for directions is a recipe for disaster.

There is no such thing as a local/foreign accent in the capital, Im not sure there is even a common language :lol:

I got mugged inside ONeills that night - for a pint of Peroni off that c*nt greedminds:cool:. Sorry not detracting from the seriousness of this. I headed back over Waterloo way for me train back to the burbs where I live. It felt a bit weird out and about. I normally don't do Sunday nights out up in town so maybe it's always like that. Seemed more than the fair share of weirdos knocking about.

I nearly lost a pint myself. We got the first round in after the game and 2 of the lads were missing. I stood with a pint and a bottle for 5 minutes then put them on a table. This stupid Irish bint at said table (there was only her and her bloke) started mouthing off. I said sorry I'm not sure where my mates are, I'm just putting them there until they turn up. If looks could kill. 5 minutes later the bloke moved the pint 3 foot across the table next to his!

I just moved it back and put a couple of empty bottles in front of it.

Then later I went to the bar and spilt a fellow MLF full pint of lager that I didn't see on the bar. Not a cheap round that one :)

I got mugged inside ONeills that night - for a pint of Peroni off that c*nt greedminds:cool:. Sorry not detracting from the seriousness of this. I headed back over Waterloo way for me train back to the burbs where I live. It felt a bit weird out and about. I normally don't do Sunday nights out up in town so maybe it's always like that. Seemed more than the fair share of weirdos knocking about.
Did Greedminds make an appearance at this years Wembley appearance?

An idea why that’s the case?

An idea why that’s the case?

Poverty, lack of support mechanism and being invisible I would think. I think in a much smaller place people look out for our "characters"....People would notice if Dave the Rave was ill/struggling etc......In London you tend to just get your head down and mind your own business so people are far less likely to intervene and help people.

Poverty, lack of support mechanism and being invisible I would think. I think in a much smaller place people look out for our "characters"....People would notice if Dave the Rave was ill/struggling etc......In London you tend to just get your head down and mind your own business so people are far less likely to intervene and help people.

It’s an odd place London like. I understand it’s a polarising City and I do enjoy heading in for gigs and shows, but it has sort of found its identity in not really having one, can’t help but feeling like places with stronger identities look after people better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back