I got mugged

I was mugged as a young white lad living on outskirts of Moss side while a student in Manchester.

There was two of us pissed up at whatever o'clock in the morning and after walking away after the mugging one of them shouted back and threw us the full box of marlboro lights we had just bought at garage.

Very decent of them we thought at the time.

That brings back memories of when I was at Manchester uni. Always remember that there was always a burned out car behind Gemini's caff opposite the medical school. A different one every time. Had some adventures coming back along curry mile like.

I walk around late at night smashed at times and never feel nervous.

it's just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 99.9% of times everything will be ok.

that said... I've seen people get very unlucky

This.

I’ve experienced far more violence living in the north east than London.

This thread has bumped my drunken memory. I have a vague recollection of leaving a pub or club and 4 lads asking if I wanted a lift back to my hotel. Remember getting their car, getting back and not being fleeced. Silly thing to do in hindsight

What this thread evidences is that these scum target obvious tourists and pissed vulnerable people. It's not exclusively a London thing this goes on in Newcastle on a weekend aswell just posters on here are far less likely to be a target as they know where to avoid and aren't obviously from outside the area.

Sorry to hear this happened none the less. Too many young bastards now who grow up idolising these disgusting grime artists who glamourise this sort of life

What this thread evidences is that these scum target obvious tourists and pissed vulnerable people. It's not exclusively a London thing this goes on in Newcastle on a weekend aswell just posters on here are far less likely to be a target as they know where to avoid and aren't obviously from outside the area.

Sorry to hear this happened none the less. Too many young bastards now who grow up idolising these disgusting grime artists who glamourise this sort of life

Like who?

I was mugged as a young white lad living on outskirts of Moss side while a student in Manchester.

There was two of us pissed up at whatever o'clock in the morning and after walking away after the mugging one of them shouted back and threw us the full box of marlboro lights we had just bought at garage.

Very decent of them we thought at the time.
Mate of a mate got mugged in Manchester in the early 90s , think it was moss side . He got robbed on a bus , on the top deck , quite packed , nobody tried to help him apart from handing him his cheque book which was on the floor . Same lad got mugged again , held up by a lad with a crossbow.

Yes but that was in the USA. Over hear we never had people the kids look up to bragging about turf wars. Same as with football hooliganism in the 70s and 80s monkey see monkey do

The people you quoted are largely an inspiration to many many youths. Some have escaped poverty through music and why shouldn't they tell talk about real life struggles they've been around?

If perhaps you'd said drill music, I think you'd have more of a point. Grime isn't new. Even then, there's other bigger contributing factors, social media being one - doesn't mean instagram, snap chat etc should be vilified.

He's just a confirmed, out and out racist, so it's no surprise at all that he blames things on black culture.

Well the list he gives just looks like he's Googled 'top grime artists' wirhout really having an argument

Last edited by a moderator:

Back