Hylton Red House

Me nana lived in 50 next door to Donaldsons and we lived over the road in 49
Ahh the bottom half of the street? Always felt like two streets in one cut by the corner shop. Forgot the lads name who lived in the lower half he alway had petrol remote control cars and I think his da was always mucking about with cars?. Knew him all my life but moved out the street about 96ish.

Ahh the bottom half of the street? Always felt like two streets in one cut by the corner shop. Forgot the lads name who lived in the lower half he alway had petrol remote control cars and I think his da was always mucking about with cars?. Knew him all my life but moved out the street about 96ish.

I cant remember the name either but thats a right blast from the past :lol:
I moved out in 1998

It’s not a crock of shit at all. Depends what you think of as rough. It isn’t just crime.

There are 32,844 local areas in England and much of Sunderland falls in the worst 20% of this, with parts in the bottom 1-2%

It’s just the way it is. Poor health, low incomes and worklessness all contribute to it. Crime is just one dimension of it.
Hi, you mentioned "worklessness", but I thought Sunderland was a good place for both skilled and unskilled job vacancies. I'm only mentioning this because I've never been to Sunderland but I'm thinking of moving there because I cannot afford to live anywhere else. I'm looking for warehouse work because that's all I've ever done. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Hi, you mentioned "worklessness", but I thought Sunderland was a good place for both skilled and unskilled job vacancies. I'm only mentioning this because I've never been to Sunderland but I'm thinking of moving there because I cannot afford to live anywhere else. I'm looking for warehouse work because that's all I've ever done. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Loads of warehouse or manufacturing jobs but you’ll likely be agency first.

I don’t understand your point around affording to live elsewhere. Your wages will reflect the work you do, so you’ll still be needing to live accordingly if working a warehouse job in Sunderland. You won’t suddenly be able to afford things you couldn’t before.

Where do you currently live?

Loads of warehouse or manufacturing jobs but you’ll likely be agency first.

I don’t understand your point around affording to live elsewhere. Your wages will reflect the work you do, so you’ll still be needing to live accordingly if working a warehouse job in Sunderland. You won’t suddenly be able to afford things you couldn’t before.

Where do you currently live?
Average rent in Sunderland is £850 so god know what it is elsewhere

Where are you living now?

Back