Hurricane Ophelia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extratropical cyclone but winds at cat2 hurricane force predicted from dawn....
Whole of ROI now on red alert

f***ing scary and I'm away from home too... Bad Dad holding the fort

Southern Ireland is going to be a bit lively in the morning. I'm glad we're not down in kinsale this week.
I'm sure everyone will be fine if they stay inside and respect the weather. It will blow over in a few hours. You might want to bring the washing in though.

Haven't read the whole thread but the Daily Express must be hysterical over this..'Killer storm from hell'..they do it every time..aye it's a bit windy like.

Southern Ireland is going to be a bit lively in the morning. I'm glad we're not down in kinsale this week.
I'm sure everyone will be fine if they stay inside and respect the weather. It will blow over in a few hours. You might want to bring the washing in though.
Anything for a day off work....

Work closed tomorrow should of went to the pub apparently the off licence has been cleaned out today. Us Irish know how to prepare for a hurricane :lol::lol:

I live in Cork & it's very, very calm at the moment. Shitting myself as to what I'll wake up to in the morning. & I don't mean the wife, when I say that.
I'm in Kerry it's a strange night not a leaf blowing on the trees here. Calm before the storm I suppose.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bit windy on Ophelia backside in Brittany but nothing more than a typical Atlantic front coming in.

The locals were all yapping on about it when we came over on Friday but looks like Ireland are going to cop for it now.

Bit windy on Ophelia backside in Brittany but nothing more than a typical Atlantic front coming in.

The locals were all yapping on about it when we came over on Friday but looks like Ireland are going to cop for it now.
When I first looked at it it was going to hit Galicia. The entire storm looks to be about the size of Ireland. Not all of that is hurricane strength, but I wouldn't fancy being in Ireland tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back